What's new

PSB Goldi vs Aerial 10T (1 Viewer)

Len Cheong

Second Unit
Could someone tell me if these 2 speakers have similar
sonic characteristics? I read somewhere that they do and
was wondering if anybody had heard and compared them.

Justin Doring

Screenwriter
YES!

As sad as it is for Aerial, the PSB Goldi sounds remarkably similar to the Aerial 10T at about one-third the price! Both are warm and laid-back with recessed highs, but the similarities go even further, as the speakers' personalities seem the same. Of course the Aerial's have slightly higher build quality and perhaps sound just a bit more transparent, but if one closed his eyes, it would be difficult to discern the difference between the two. Either the PSBs are underpriced or the Aerial is overpriced, or both!

Len Cheong

Second Unit
That's amazing. I've always set my sights on the Aerials but at a third of the price, I might be happy with the Goldis.What about in a full theater setup? Would the PSB C6i rival the CC3/CC3b or CC5? It's one of the few center channels with dual tweeters.

Justin Doring

Screenwriter
While the Aerial 10T and the PSB Stratus Goldi sound about the same, the Aerial CC3 and CC5 are FAR better center channels than the PSB Stratus C6i. Sorry to disappoint you here, but in this particular case with Aerial you get what you pay for. The C6i is a very good center, but the Aerial is one of the best out there, surpassed only by the Revel Ultima Voice.

If you can afford the Aerials, I would recommend looking at the Revel Ultima series, the Dynaudio Contour series, the B&W Nautilus series, and Vienna Acoustics. All sound superior to the Aerials in my opinion.

Chip E

Screenwriter
I have the C6i and find it amazingly clean and crisp for dialog.. Haven't heard the others mentioned though. It mates extremely well with my Silveri 's, Image 10S surround's and SVS 20-39PC sub. I'd love to hear it with the Goldi 's..

Sihan Goi

Second Unit
Well that's nice to hear, considering I own a pair of Goldi's and a C6i center. How do the Revel and Aerial center channels compare with the B&W HTM1? I've heard so many good things about the HTM1s.

Justin Doring

Screenwriter
The Revel Ultima Voice center is the best I've heard. One step below it is both the B&W HTM-1 and the Aerial CC5. I would say the B&W and the Aerial are about the same in quality, although both have different sonic characteristics.

Sihan Goi

Second Unit
Well ok...while I'm pretty satisfied with my C6i, I know it isn't the best...its dialogue is occasionally quite boxy and chesty and unnatural, but what the heck, I don't expect the best with a few hundred bucks.

Users who are viewing this thread