What's new

PS4 owners thread (1 Viewer)

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
FF3 is available on the PS Vita (I think it was a PSP game). It's not on the PS3 or PS4 but it is technically on a PS platform.

I believe every FF from 1 to X/X-2 is on the PS Vita. A bunch of those are PS1 ports so they work on PS3 also.

FF4 got a sequel or two, but I've heard they are so terrible that you shouldn't bother.

EDIT: Also, while this thread is side-jacked for a FF discussion, one crazy rumor has FF6 Remake being in development for NX.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Also a good amount of emphasis on the PS4.5 being parallel to PS4, not replacing it. Games will run on PS4 then maybe also 4.5.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Do we seriously need a new (insert sport here) game every single year?

I always figured a $5 annual player/roster would suffice, but I'm not a sports game guy. Last one I played was a Tiger Woods PGA on the PS3, whichever number introduced the Green Jacket prize (that should prove my ignorance in sports...)? The cool thing with it was online it would track the actual games happening that weekend so you could compete with the actual pro's with "Live Weather" on the courses. It's got to be at least 3 years old, so I imagine the servers are shut off and you would need to get the newer one.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I think ESPN had a football series like 10 years ago that was aiming for either $30-40 annual games or $60 every two years with a $30 roster update version in the odd years.

EA likes to really upgrade their sports games, so I get why they feel like they're offering $60 worth of content. But they should probably just have an every-odd-year upgrade thing ($60 this year, then next year's edition is the same engine with an updated roster for $30-40 or a roster DLC for $20). That said, they also have expansive servers set up for those games that cost money to maintain.

I don't play sports games anyway, so....

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
So...anyone catch Sony's E3 press conference? I think they blew MS out of the water. The games were more exciting (especially the new announcements) and showing a bunch of VR games, while MS only said "we have something coming in a year and a half that will do VR," was great.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I feel like I'm at the cusp where I'll be forever retro-gaming. Everything is going VR so I'm going to be obsolete with my one-eye, unless it works better than I'm told it does for us with Mono-Vision.

PS4 announcements do look good to a point. Has anyone actually finished a Crash Bandicoot game? :P Zero horizon looks really cool, but I'm still most intrigued by No Man's Sky, provided it wasn't cancelled due to death threats caused by the latest delay... :P

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
I feel like I'm at the cusp where I'll be forever retro-gaming. Everything is going VR so I'm going to be obsolete with my one-eye, unless it works better than I'm told it does for us with Mono-Vision.

PS4 announcements do look good to a point. Has anyone actually finished a Crash Bandicoot game? :P Zero horizon looks really cool, but I'm still most intrigued by No Man's Sky, provided it wasn't cancelled due to death threats caused by the latest delay... :P

Yes, I'm a platform-nut, so I finished the first three of them. through Warped. After Naughty Dog sold the franchise rights and other developers starting marking the games, the quality dropped so much I never made it through another one. The Wrath of Cortex was one of the first PS1 games I ever bought.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Got a PS4 email: the service is going up to $60/yr. I'm not enthused. I get minimal value from it now that I'm not playing destiny. And I hardly have time for the freebie games. I'll probably stick with it, but I have to think a bit more come renewal.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks