What's new

PS3 Questions (1 Viewer)

drobbins

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
I received a PS3 for Christmas and installed it in the theater. It is connected directly to the projector with the HDMI cable and connected to the receiver with the optical. The receiver is 5.1 and does not have HDMI. When a DVD is playing everything works well - great picture and 5.1 surround. However when a bluray is played, the sound is only 2 channel. The PS3 is updated with the latest software. I played around in the sound settings menu, but no luck. Is there a setting I am missing?

Also I put in the Harry Potter DVD and all the menus worked well. When 2001 Space Odyssey was put in, the opening Warner Brothers screen displayed, but when it was finished, the disc menu did not show (blank screen) even though the sound worked. I had to press the menu button ad then only the options showed and not the background scene. Is this normal?

Bob_L

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bob Lindstrom
You have to set your optical audio out to Bitstream:

http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps3/current/settings/bdsettings.html

(Scroll down toward the bottom of the page to find BD Audio Output Format (Optical Digital))

When you do this, however, you may find that you won't have audio for some special features. For that, you may have to change this setting back to PCM. It's just the way the BD format works.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks