What's new

PS2 problems with Fox DVDs (1 Viewer)

Steve Wiley

Auditioning
My Playstation 2 seems to have trouble playing dual-layered Fox DVDs (such as Patton and Alien) past the layer switch.
When I pop the disc in, it spins up like normal, then "clicks" twice, slowing down, then finally the disc plays. Whenever I try playing the movie anywhere past the layer switch, or any supplement that are on the second layer, it stops and gives me the "Disc Read Error."
I've made sure that the discs are clean, and I've made use of the console's "Diagnosis" function, but nothing seems to work. I've searched all over the web and emailed both Fox and Sony. The Sony representative just told me to do what I've already been doing (clean, diagnosis) and to contact the vendor if the problem continues (which it has, obviously.)
Has anyone here had this problem? If so, what can I do to fix it? Thanks in advance.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
I watched "Oklahoma" on mine when my good player was in the shop, and it played fine. (Thought it was a rather odd title to watch on a PS2, but I wanted to test it with a real movie!)
BTW is it just me or do reds look weird on this thing? Even using S-video there looks like dot crawl going through everything red in the picture.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steve Latshaw
Recent bookmarks