What's new

PS2 online help (1 Viewer)

Dave Cukina

Stunt Coordinator
I picked up the adapter and socom last night but I spent over an hour trying to get connected and I just couldn't do it. My pc is connected using a netgear router and my isp is rogers high speed. The internet works fine but the ps2 won't connect to it so if anybody has any suggestions or tips it would be greatly appreciated.
I was also thinking that there are probably a few other people out here that are having problems so maybe we can create a thread for troubleshooting and hopefully soon enough we'll all get the chance to play online

Thanks

Dave

ChristopherS

Second Unit
Dave,

There is an ongoing thread in the Hardware forum about connecting the XBOX to the Internet. The same information will apply to the PS2 (using broadband only!).

I do suspect that your problem is that your router, which has firewall capabilities, is blocking the PS2 from reaching the Internet. Go through the NetGear's owners manual and see how to give your PS2 Internet Permission (you will have to manually open certain ports). It is actually quite simple once you start. If this does not work go to the thread I mentioned in the hardware forum.

Good luck,

Chris

Dave Cukina

Stunt Coordinator
thanks for the help I'll see if it works, if not I'll start reading all the threads...it seems there are a lot of canadians having problems connecting

Dave Cukina

Stunt Coordinator
Okay I think I've exhausted all possibilities and I still can't get connected..Why does Rogers cable have to suck so bad???:angry:
If anyone out here has a solution then please let me know
thanks
Dave
my internet connection is through a rp114 router both my pc's work fine, I also read something about freeing up some ports but I don't know which ones????

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks