What's new

PS2 GT Force Wheel not available ANYWHERE? (1 Viewer)

JaredB

Agent
I guess I should have pre-ordered this thing when I have the chance.
It seems that Logitech's GT Force Wheel is sold out NATIONWIDE.
If anyone knows of any online sites that have it, or retailers in California that actually have it in stock, please let me know.
Here is what I know:
Logitech has confirmed that they don't have any more. They won't be making any more or shipping any more to retailers. Instead they will be marketing a slightly different product that will sell for about the same price and be avail in late august/early sept.
Electronics Boutique has said they are sold out nationwide.
It is unavailable from: Bestbuy.com CircuitCity.com Amazon.com 800.com and just about everywhere else I could think of. The frustrating thing is that many websites say they have it, but they mean by that that they are assuming Logitech is sending them more, which they aren't. You have to actually be sure a website has them ON HAND, not just avail for order, and so far none I have called have.
I guess still getting it with the free speakers is too much to hope for, at this point I'd settle for just the wheel.
I've also heard that the Logitech's PC steering wheel will work with the game, and many have insisted that it is identical to the PS2 version except for the color. (there is a thread on DVDtalk.com that says this.) However, I saw that someone here on HTF was having trouble with it, and someone else said it will work, but doesn't have a control pad, so it requires that you still have one hooked up. If that's true, it would mean my friend and I wouldn't be able to both use a wheel and race 2 player.
If someone can shed light on any of the above I would be grateful.

GaryP

Second Unit
Jared,
Try Playstation.com . As of this posting, it says that the GT Force "usually ships within 48 hours" , which I'd say is a decent sign that they are not out of stock yet. Hope you can get your hands on one.
Gary
------------------
Hey bartender.....Joboo needs a refill.

ChrisV

Second Unit
I managed to get the GT Force on launch day, but a friend of mine wasn't so lucky. However, he purchased the pc version of the wheel (with the red grips) and it works just fine. You can use the wheel to go through menus or whatever, so you don't need a controller hooked up.
You're not missing anything by not getting the speakers either, they're very lame.

GaryP

Second Unit
Jared,
Link Removed is now showing the wheel/speaker bundle in stock, so you might want to give it a shot there as well.
Gary
------------------
Hey bartender.....Joboo needs a refill.

JaredB

Agent
Thanks for the tips. I'm now thinking that I might try to get the wingman wheel if I can get it cheaper, even though the blue gt wheel looks cooler...
I realized after my above post that having to leave a controller connected wouldn't be a problem anyway since the wheels use the USB ports and not the controller ports.

Jason_H

Second Unit
I just picked up a refurbished unit of the PC version of that Logitech wheel w/ pedals for $50 on ubid.com and that includes shipping. If for some reason it won't work with GT3 (though people have indicated it should), I will throw it up on Ebay and make a profit.
biggrin.gif

For anyone else interested, check ubid.com...I'm sure they will have another auction of these in the next day or two. I have bought a lot of stuff through them without any problems at EXCELLENT prices.

ChrisV

Second Unit
Arthur, I don't know for sure that it works with Nascar or TMB, but I can't see any reason why it wouldn't. I'll ask my buddy to give it a try later today, and hopefully come up with an answer for you. Problem is, he's so addicted to GT3, that it's going to be hard to get him to switch games, even for 30 seconds. Well, it happens to the best of us...

Drew Dockery

Stunt Coordinator
It would be nice to cme up of a list of games confirmed to work or not work with the game. Personally, I don't see the wheel being very useful for Twisted Metal Black due to the way the games plays. I'd love for it to work with Tokyo Extreme Racer though.
------------------
I'm going off the rails on a crazy train!
Drew

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Arthur, I don't know for sure that it works with Nascar or TMB, but I can't see any reason why it wouldn't.
There's plenty of reasons why the wheel wouldn't work with those games! Do they support USB devices for starters? Do they support that particular configuration of USB device?
If there's no USB support /written into/ the game, it won't support the PC USB ForceFeedback wheel.
I don't know if those games do or don't, I just know that so far, USB support hasn't been too prolific on the PS2...
------------------
Nothing In Particular

Keith M.

Second Unit
Just got off phone w/ Playstation.com...
DONT call them, they make you give all kinds of information to them (marketing). Anyways, they are listed as UNAVAILABLE in their computers, so dont let the 48hrs shipping on the website fool you...
They dont know when it will become available again...
This is all kinda strange, considering the game/wheel have only been out for a week or so...

JaredB

Agent
FOLLOWUP:
I purchased two of the Logitech Wingman Force Feedback wheels for the PC. They work PERFECTLY with GT3 for Playstation 2. (and I could also use them with my PC if I had one)
My friend and I were racing against each other all weekend, it was great. I can confirm that the PC force feedback wheel by logitech is EXACTLY the same as their GT3 wheel except for the color.
Best of all: justdeals.com had the PC wheel available (refurbished) for only 49.95, so I got two for the price of one GT3 wheel.
: )

ChrisV

Second Unit
Arthur, the Logitech PC wheel does, in fact, work with Twisted Metal: Black.
BrianB, my contention that the wheel would probably work with those titles I listed was based on the fact that the GT Force wheel is known to work with them, and the PC wheel is nearly identical.

Dean Cooper

Supporting Actor
Well I have discovered why my PC wheel does not work. It is the older version Force Wheel, and the ones that do work are actually Force GT wheels.
Dean

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
BrianB, my contention that the wheel would probably work with those titles I listed was based on the fact that the GT Force wheel is known to work with them, and the PC wheel is nearly identical.
Good! The game's obviously been written with it in mind - if it wasn't, the wheels wouldn't work.
------------------
Nothing In Particular

Kip

Stunt Coordinator
FYI: The wheel is currently available from ebgames.com. I ordered one yesterday and recieved it this morning.
The web site is not necessarly accurate. Depending on when you visit, you'll either see availability listed as "usually ships within 24 hours" or "August 15th (or some date close to that)".
After talking to a rep on the phone, I learned that the GT force wheel designed specifically for GT3 is in stock. Logitech has another wheel (without GT3 badging apparently) coming in mid August.
Hope that helps.
Kip

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks