What's new

PS2/Dual Shock 2 anomalies (1 Viewer)

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
I've noticed that occasionally my Dual Shock two will experience one of two problems. Either the analog will shut off for no apparent reason, or when the controller vibrates, the game tells me the controller is unplugged. This doesn't happen all the time or on every rumble. The rumble/unplug problem seems to occur most often in TM:B. The analog shut off is fairly sporadic though. Is this a problem with the game, the PS2, or my controller? Anyone else experience this? It's very weird indeed. I had a similar problem with my PSX and my first dual shock where the analog would turn off during Gran Turismo. That controller seems to work fine now with my PS2 so I don't know what ot make out it. Thanks for any info.

Bill_Caughey

Auditioning
Are you using controller extension cables? If so, that may be the problem. I often experience the same problem and have to turn off the vibration function in some games to prevent it from happening. If I don't use the extension cables, the problem doesn't happen.

--
Bill

ChrisV

Second Unit
I'd venture a guess that it's your controller, I've played TM:B a lot with no problems like that. Why don't you try swapping it with another one and see what happens?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks