PS2 Component Video (Monster Cable)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Trevor Schell, Oct 1, 2001.

1. Trevor Schell

Trevor Schell Supporting Actor

Hi!,
    Monster Cable makes a Component Video cable for the PS2. It includes the exclusive connector to the PS2 and then branches out the 3 cables required for Component.
    I do not see any Audio connectors though. How would one connect the Audio if you were not going to use the optical option for a receiver but instead connect it directly to a TV.?
    Thanks,
    ------------------
    Trevor..[​IMG]
    My HomeTheater S.E. Sonically Enhanced
    *Outdated new pictures
    due to recent upgrades!
    **Equipment list current

2. AndyVX

AndyVX Supporting Actor

Hey, you know I never thought about that, you raise a good point.
    I am going to get the monster component cables, and thankfully I have an extra optical input on my receiver.
    But for people that don't have an extra optical input, or for people that don't have a DD/DTS receiver they are pretty much shit outta luck.
    Andrew

3. Peter_A

Peter_A Second Unit

The only thing to do is get a non-Monster brand component cable. I used one that had audio RCA connectors on it before my Monster version arrived.
    ------------------
    Peter

4. Trevor Schell

Trevor Schell Supporting Actor

The Monster Component does not have Audio RCA's so it can not be used without a system connected to a receiver and digital cables.
    The Monster S-Video cables do come with the two Audio RCA's included in the bundle as well as the composite set.
    The reason I asked the question in the first place was since I just bought a Toshiba 24" Flatscreen FST Pure TV for the sole purpose as a monitor for the PS2..The new Toshiba has Component inputs which I wanted to use for video quality.
    [​IMG]
    ------------------
    Trevor..[​IMG]
    My HomeTheater S.E. Sonically Enhanced
    *Outdated new pictures
    due to recent upgrades!
    **Equipment list current

5. Dave F

Dave F Cinematographer

You'll have to go with the Sony component cables...
    -Dave
    ------------------
    DVD List

6. Rob Varto

Rob Varto Supporting Actor

Andy, what optical slot do you use from your receiver? I have mine going to the "CD" option since I do not have a CD player hooked up to my receiver. Are there other options?

7. Christopher Chung

Christopher Chung Stunt Coordinator

Speaking of the PS2 cables... I saw a post a while back about the Acoustic Research/Interact S-Video and Component cables which were much cheaper than Monster and looked just as nice.
    Now I searched everywhere for these bad boys, but I could not find the S-Video cable package!!! Has anybody out there recently seen them being sol on-line somewhere? I've tried Accessories4less, but had no luck...I'm stumped.
    Thanks, for any info,
    Chris

8. Dave F

Dave F Cinematographer

9. AndyVX

AndyVX Supporting Actor