What's new

PS2 Component Cables (1 Viewer)

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Is there any real difference in video quality between the Sony component cables and the A-R component cables? I'm leaning towards the Sony ones, just because I can hop in the car and go buy them, whereas I have to order online & wait for the A-R's. The price difference is only a few bucks, so I'm not worried about that. Is there anything that should push me away from the Sony cables?
Thanks,
-Dave
------------------
DVD List

Dean Cooper

Supporting Actor
hehe I hope your not trying to start a cable war
tongue.gif

I have seen both in action on the same 55" display (my TV), didn't see a difference.
Dean

Camp

Senior HTF Member
Yea, you can really only expect a subjective answer to this question. It all depends upon whether you think quality cables make a difference.
Personally, I do not. I use the Sony component cables after trying the $25 more expensive Monster brand.
No difference to my eyes.

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Thanks guys. I tend to think that cables can make a huge difference, but laziness is a big factor. :) I'll go get the Sony cables this week.
-Dave
------------------
DVD List

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Composite really stinks, but S-Video and component look pretty similar to my eyes.
-Dave
------------------
DVD List
"The page you are looking for is here no more. Quoth the Raven, 'Nevermore.'"

Greg O' Connel

Stunt Coordinator
My only advice is to stay away from Monster Cables, at least for PS2. I had to take two defective ones back. I finally gave up and just bought the Sony brand. The Monster cables would only display the picture in black and white, and the connections on both ends (to the TV and PS2) were defective. The TV connectors were way too tight (they literally had to be jerked out of the jacks), and the PS2 connector was too loose (barely touch it and the picture distorts).
------------------
Link Removed "Columbia House - we were built to irritate America - one person at a time!" Link Removed

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks