What's new

Prototype 2 Game Review (1 Viewer)

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
[SIZE= 13px]Filled with senseless violence with no real moral repercussions as well as foul language, [/SIZE][SIZE= 13px][Prototype 2][/SIZE][SIZE= 13px] is every parent’s worst nightmare when it comes to video games. As a game for adults, there’s a sense of perverse pleasure when playing this game, even though much of it has a familiarity to it.[/SIZE]

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004FUI84G/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B004FUI84G&linkCode=as2&tag=htfreviews-20

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004FUI84G/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B004FUI84G&linkCode=as2&tag=htfreviews-20

[SIZE= 13px]If you’ve ever played [/SIZE][SIZE= 13px]Infamous[/SIZE][SIZE= 13px], you’ll likely find many similarities in the storyline and gameplay. As the game progresses, Heller gains more strength and powers, hunting down those who infected him and causing harm to others in the city. The major difference is that in [/SIZE][SIZE= 13px][Prototype 2][/SIZE][SIZE= 13px], there are no moral dilemmas or penalties for Heller’s actions. Sure, he does not gain any XP when he consumes a civilian, but he does get credit on his health meter. The story is a bit of a mess, and gameplay tends to be repetitive (most missions are simply find and kill or consume a character). I really couldn’t tell you what the villains were up to, or who the main villain was, for that matter (was it Mercer, or not?).[/SIZE]

693f8bcb_28_fullsize.jpeg

[SIZE= 13px]Where the game excels is in its animation, graphics, sound design, and providing a more or less safe outlet to vent any frustrations after a long, hard day by killing zombies, soldiers, scientists, creatures, etc., while wreaking havoc on city streets. The game is very much a guilty pleasure.[/SIZE]

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I never got around to finish playing Prototype, but I really want to play the sequel.
But with all the major games coming out soon, I don't know when I'll be able to play this.
Love to see more game reviews on here.

Ivan Petrovna

Auditioning
Real Name
Ivan
FANTASTIC game!!!
One of my favorites! Already playing for 3 week and don’t wanna stop) By the way I Downloaded it free full version here http://prototype2new.tumblr.com/

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I loved Infamous, and bought the first Prototype based on hearing that they were similar. Haven't gotten around to it yet, though.
On a side note, I just read a couple of days ago in Game Informer that Activision either shut down the studio or laid off most of its employees due to disappointing sales of this franchise. Too bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks