What's new

PROTECT (1 Viewer)

ABNJOE

Auditioning
Real Name
Jose A. Torres
I have a Harman Kardon AVR 254 Receiver with a pair of Klipsch Synergy F30 Front Speakers, Bose VCS-10 Center speaker, and a Klipsch Sub 10 subwoofer. When I connect everything I get a PROTECT warning from my receiver. Everything is connected exactly as the instructions indicate. I took the Receiver to a technician who checked it and says there is nothing wrong with the receiver. HELP! What do I do next?

Joe

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
H/K's are very sensetive in this area. It doesn't take much to send them into Protect mode.

I'm sure you've already done so but the first thing to do is to check all the speaker wire connections and make sure a stray wire isn't touching anything.

Then, try removing one speaker wire at a time and see if you can isolate the problem to one speaker.

Make sure all speakers are set to Small and the crossover to 80 or higher.

You can also try resetting the receiver. The procedure should be in the manual.

If all that fails to solve the problem then call H/K. But I'm not sure what they can do for such an old receiver (5 years in an eternity in electronics). Might be time for a new one.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Try one speaker at a time. If the wire isn't the problem, then it has to be an internal speaker problem...Likelihood here...99% speaker wire.1% internal speaker probem.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks