What's new

"protect" (1 Viewer)

OcieB

Stunt Coordinator
my sony ht-ddw750's receiver has been displaying this recently after i moved it across the room.

according to the manual, "PROTECT" is a sign of a short circuit.... great, but where?

does anyone have any info or suggestions for where i should begin with the troubleshooting process?

any general info would be great also.

thanks in advance,
ocie

Greg.R

Grip
Unplug and replug all your cables, taking care all your speaker cables are seated well. If you're using bare wire for your speakers re-twist the strands to make sure none are loose.

Other possibility - does it have less ventilation than it use to? Protect mode can also be a sign of overheating or playing your sources too loud.

OcieB

Stunt Coordinator
i thought about the overheating... but its in the exact same configuration as before (in relation to the tv, table, etc...) just moved across the room. its near an open window (as it was before), so i dont htink its overheating..

i was going to disconnect all the wires and move the receivier to a different part of the room and plug it in to see what happens.

ill then plug everything back in.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks