What's new

Projectors....Projectors....How I love my Infocus...... (1 Viewer)

wiredmass

Auditioning
Real Name
chris
So, I've been a home theater enthusiast for quite a while now. First, I owned a Sony 27" then I upgraded to the extremely large RCA 32" Home Theatre Series (that's a joke). Around 4 years ago my mom bought me a 52" RCA standard CRT rear projection TV. I was still extremely dissatisifed with the picture on the 52" and I decided that I wanted to go even bigger. We had already installed a tiered seating system in our basement and I really wanted to go all out but was semi limited by finances. So, when we got our tax return I picked up the Infocus X1. We loved this projector besides the one time the lamp went and another time the color wheel started grinding so bad I thought I was in a bone grinding scene from the Texas Chainsaw series. However, Infocus expedited our warranty claim and had our projector fixed with new firmware and color wheel and returned within 3 weeks. This thoroughly impressed me after I had heard so many negative things about their service department. Well, after three good years of use on the X1 we decided we wanted to try something new. Last week I picked up Infocus' newest addition to their economy line, the IN24. Once again I was amazed that Infocus could offer such a cool unit at only $699. Plus I had an instore rebate of $100, a 12% off coupon, and a Best Buy Gift Card from a previous return. Needless to say I picked the projector up for right around $500 before tax. This projector is great for the money and throws an extremely clean image. Yes, it only displays at 480p but it certainly does the trick with all the cool functions it has.

All in all I think Infocus makes a great product and their support is undeniably one of the best I have dealt with. So, if you're looking for a new display unit at a great price, I would definitely suggest the IN24.

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
:emoji_thumbsup:

Yup.

LaserDiscs from my CLD-D704 with the Faroudja chip look as good as the format allows. And everything else (DVD-HDTV) looks as good as I care about. My X1 is going to stay with me till it dies.

wiredmass

Auditioning
Real Name
chris
That's gonna make me mad. I wonder who is going to buy them out. Any word on who it is?

I'm really surprised that this could happen with projectors at such a low price point!!!

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
My X1 has been the gem of my HT for a few years now. Movies, football, and season finales of 24. And why does it upset me that InFocus is being bought out?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks