What's new

Projectors for Normal TV and DVD (2 Viewers)

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
RG,

another advantage is the lack of light spill since it's native 16x9. Personally, I find the light spill somewhat distracting when watching WS movies on my friend's X1. If you have a native 16x9 screen, getting rid of that light spill can make sense. Also, the image quality of the new 4805 is supposed to exceed that of the X1.

Rick Guynn

Second Unit
True, some might be bothered by light spill... I'm not, but I don't exactly have the ideal setup either ;P

RG

cabreau

Second Unit
I want to watch 4:3 tv shows on it and DVD's, so I'm thinking that a native 4:3 in 16:9 might be the thing for me. No matter what I do, anything will be better than the 36" Philips tv that I'm using now.

DuWayne

Stunt Coordinator
RG,

I can tell you don't own a Z2, from your statement above. My friends and I can stand 3-feet from my screen (110") and unless we are really looking for them, can not see the LCD Pixels, and there is no "Screen Door Effect."

SDE is very much different than seeing the Pixles. Seeing the Pixles when looking for them is "NORMAL." Seeing the Pixles when trying to enjoy the show is "SDE." Otherwords, if you can't help but to see the Pixels, then you have a SDE issue.

From one who OWNS a Z2, SDE is a non-issue, and I am one who can see SDE.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks