What's new

Projector without HD support, but with SXGA (1280 × 1024) resolution, is 720p possible? (1 Viewer)

challisd

Auditioning
Real Name
Danny Challis
Hi all,

I was somewhat mislead when buying a projector, and it turns out it doesn't have HD support though it does have component connections. When I connect the cable box to the projector through component cables and try to use 720p (or even 480p) the picture gets all corrupted. However what I've seen (http://www.3xlogic.com/faq-what-difference-between-4cif-sxga-1080i-etc) indicates that this is higher resolution than 720p, so it seems like it should be possible to get it to work. My current idea is to use a component to VGA converter since my computers seem to work fine at high resolution on it. Do I just need a simple port adapter ($2) or do I need a special converter box ($60) to make this work. Please let me know if you can think of any other good solutions or if you think this is a hopeless cause.

Thanks!

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
I sure hope you didn't pay much for that. It came out in Oct. 1999, according to Projectorcentral.com. They don't even list the inputs it has. I can't help you, I know nothing about computers.

challisd

Auditioning
Real Name
Danny Challis
It's got S-Video, component, composite and VGA connections. Anyone know if my idea of using a component to VGA adapter would work?

Doug_H

Supporting Actor
I tried component to VGA adapters in the past without any luck. The PJ should be able to handle 720p via component but the results will depend on the scaler it has.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks