What's new

Projector temperature cooling (1 Viewer)

mesowetodit

Auditioning
Real Name
Young Wood
Hi folks,

I searched in the forum a bit and couldn't find what I wanted. I have a used Infocus LP70. It has started to run very hot, even after 5 minutes from initial power on. I can still run it for 2-3 hours without any issues, but was wondering if theres any homemade fans or cooling system to help with circumventing the heat out of the unit faster. I hear the small fan in the unit working and can feeling it blowing hot air out from the back, but I just wish there were something in the front of the unit to help it run cooler.

The closest device I can find online and on ebay is a pet fan, but it runs on batteries, i rather it didn't so it can stay on longer. Some fans are just too big and noisey, and some run on USB, which is another no no. So if someone has found the right fan for this job, please post the link.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Even if this is a bad idea and its not recommended.

Thanks in advance.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Moving this one to displays

What is the bulb life status? I assume the filter is fairly clean. I am asking just incase the cooling does not mask another issue that needs to be dealt with.

mesowetodit

Auditioning
Real Name
Young Wood

Thanks Neil, I'll check on the filter and get back to this thread. Bought the projector used and didn't come with manuals....I probably should go download the PDF file from Infocus and take a gander.

Chad_K

Grip
Real Name
Chad Kemp
Active Thermal Management--- I have used their "Cool Cube" for pulling hot air out of an enclosure. Worked like a champ and they are also very nice company to deal with.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks