What's new

Projector Screen or Goo Systems? (1 Viewer)

AquaSerge

Grip
Real Name
Jeremy
Im trying to determine whether I want to install a projector screen, or use this new paint I heard of called Goo Systems. They have several coats that they use to create a fine quality permanent screen on the wall. I've been learning about projectors and such quite a bit the past few months, however screens I'm still in the dark.

Keep in mind this will be used in a commercial setting.

Pros and Cons

Pros:
Goo Systems: Now from what I can see the biggest pro for the Goo Systems paint is if there is any damage (such as writing or something hitting the wall) it can easily be repaired with simple putty, sanding, and repainting. The cost of replacing drywall all together and repainting it would be significantly cheaper than a good quality projector screen. I have heard that when done properly and well, painted screens can offer the same quality image as a real screen.

Projector Screen: These are really high quality from what I can tell, and alot of them are portable and retractable. So keeping wear and tear down when not in use is minimized significantly.

Cons:
Goo Systems: From what I've read, even the slightest nick and mark on a wall would not seem apparent in the normal light setting, however when the projector is turned on it becomes obvious. Constant repair can become sloppy and expensive.

Projector Screen: If it is torn or marked upon, the whole screen is isntantly ruined. Small tears do have the slight possibility of being repaird, however marks are mostly permanent. Even after cleaning some marks can still be visible. This can be more expensive than the goo systems paint. Also a fold in the screen would be permanent, so there are some existing shipping hazards to deal with.

This all comes down to quality really. I just want your feedback on this, and keep in mind that this is for a Commercial area where kids from middle school to college and above come to play.

Aqua

drobbins

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
I use Screen Goo and I am happy with the results. If you do some research there are some who have formulas for painted screens with paint from the hardware store at a lower cost. It sounds to me like this may get some abuse. I would think that a small hole in the wall is easier to fix than a tear in a screen. I do not know how to fix a tear, but as you said, fixing the wall and painting is not so bad. What size screen are you needing?

Users who are viewing this thread