What's new

Projector for sale....Maybe (1 Viewer)

Robert Franklin

Stunt Coordinator
I have a lcd projector that can be used for HT or presentations. I was thinking of selling it. It is only two years old this October. It has a great picture, but I was wondering what would be the average person's asking price. I paid $6,999. I think $4,200 is a good price. But tell me what you guys think, then I will make my decision.
Thanks for responding in advance!!
Just email me using the email link!

Greg Haynes

Supporting Actor
You would need to first provide us the Make & Model to determine what a fair price would be.

Jon_Mx

Agent
With a technology that is changing and improving as fast as the projector market, I would be surprised if any two-year old $7000 LCD projector is worth $3000 today. Bt who knows what projector you are talking about....

Robert Franklin

Stunt Coordinator
Sorry guys. I've been trying to do more than one thing at a time. Here is some more info for you. The machine that I have is a Sharpvision XV-S55U. It displays 4:3, 16:9, 21:9 (2.35:1) As far as that goes it doesn't have 16:9 panels, just 4:3!! But, the picture is great. I think close to $4,000 would be fair! However I agree that with the ways things are going now, I cannot expect to get too much more than that. But remember, the physical dimensions of this unit is about the size of a small luggage bag, or breifcase, weighing in at 33lbs. While at the same time your picture can be samll as 40" and as large as 400"!!
IMO that's not too shabby!
Just email me what you think, and I will consider whatever it is I plan to do!
Thanks for your comments!

Chris Rosene

Second Unit
I have seen a few of these come and go and it appears the going rate is $1,200 to $2,000, depending on condition.

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Yeah $1800 is around the going price for these units- Blue Book for dealers is a bit lower (depending on condition).
I've seen a few of these pulled out of college/university stock and sold for under $1000. If you decide to come down under $1000, I might be interested. I don't know if any one would even glance at it for $4000.
eek.gif

That link above is a BRAND NEW unit at it is only $1800. Even overpriced reatil places like store.yahoo.com are around/under $4000 brand new.
-Vince
PS: If you paid $6,999 you got murdered on the price. I think RETAIL was only $6,799 (dropped to $5999 within a year) and many many places sold it NEW two years ago for under $5000!
There is currently one with a 100" inch Pull Down Screen included selling on Ebay for under $2000 (listed at $1500 twice so far, a nobody bought it!).
If this unit is 2 years old, it's probably due for a new bulb- a $500 expense right there.
------------------
http://www.musicianassist.com
AIM: VinceMaskeeper
"If you want everything to be cheap then you're in the wrong hobby." -Rob Gillespie
Got Remo?
[Edited last by Vince Maskeeper on July 17, 2001 at 05:36 PM]
[Edited last by Vince Maskeeper on July 17, 2001 at 05:39 PM]

Robert Franklin

Stunt Coordinator
Thank you guys for your input. Perhaps I will sell the unit around $1,000 to $1,500. But for right now I like what I se even though it isn't HDTV quality!!
You guys are the best!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks