What's new

Project Greenlight: Season Three (merged) (1 Viewer)

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
So was that the final episode?

You know what would have been great as the intro for the monsters? The profile. They could've had the monster eating the coyote or whatever, then show the profile right after: "Origin: Who gives a f*ck?"

~T

DwightK

Second Unit
Considering it switched nights during the season and the Thursday night lineup for Bravo was:
7 PM West Wing
8 PM West Wing
9 PM West Wing
10 PM West Wing
11 PM Project Greenlight

I am not at all surprised there were no ratings. Who would air a show at 11 PM and expect ratings?

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
It was 10 pm on the East Coast, but I agree that there wasn't much chance of good ratings in that slot. Of course, they may have taken that into account, which is really depressing. :frowning:

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bleddyn Williams
I love this show, so this is sad news indeed. Also, with the ratings, and Feast delayed, the chances of a DVD set that includes the movie seem remote.:frowning:

Go Gulager!:emoji_thumbsup: ;)

Chris

Senior HTF Member
BTW, in the last two weeks, this film was officially added to the promotions list, which means there will be a marketing campaign for it. So, that's not a bad sign at all.

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
Since season two, where they all knew they had a crap movie, but still tried to put a happy face on it, I've taken everything said about Feast with a grain of salt. But then, when the Weinsteins took it with them in their split from Disney, that said alot. If it was a dog, they would have let Eisner be stuck with it.

I love this show, and really enjoyed watching Gulager come into his own. When they first picked him, I thought they had screwed up big time. But, turns out he knew what he was doing.

I hope Chris Moore is wrong, and this goes on, but ratings are ratings.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
While the show is long gone, I thought there deserved to be an update.

What happened to the winners and losers?

YesButNoButYes: Where Are They Now - Project Greenlight Winners

Long story short:

Winner season 1: Nothing.
Winners Season 2: Nothing.

Winners Season 3:

Feast turned into being financially successful, and created two sequels, one coming out this year...

Feast (2005) (Feast)
Feast II: Sloppy Seconds (2008) (V) (Feast II)
Jenny Wade (Feast III)

Lots of Jenny Wade (the hot chick from Reaper Season 2 as the demon in love)

The writers from Season 3 went on to write:

Saw IV, V, and the upcoming VI, as well as Midnight Man and have two other scripts in development (Tingler and "unnamed project")

Just interesting. Fox tried to do something in the vein of PG that just sucked, but for whatever reason I was thinking of this show today, and thought a rundown of what they were doing was interesting.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Maybe it's time to dig up that HD-DVD of Feast that I never got around to watching. Thanks for the update!

Funny how the show died just as its track record finally included a success.

Big Ben

Agent
Real Name
Benjamin Stahly

I just watched the HD DVD of FEAST for the first time this weekend. I loved every manic minute of it and I now want to see how it got made. I own the previous two seasons of Project Greenlight on DVD along with their respective feature films STOLEN SUMMER and THE BATTLE OF SHAKER HEIGHTS and really dug what those DVD sets had to offer.

I fear that since FEAST was produced during the period when the Weinsteins divorced themselves from Miramax, that's probably the main reason that the series has not been released on DVD yet (since Miramax television owns the rights to the TV show but not the movie).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks