What's new

Project Greenlight: Season Three (merged) (1 Viewer)

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
I always wondered why they didn't attempt a horror movie. My own aborted attempt at shooting a horror movie, while doomed from the beginning, was fun behind the scenes. Would make a new season of Greenlight worth watching, at least for me.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
That is good news. I think Bravo channel is a good fit for this series. I am sure we can count on Chris Moore to create some tension to keep the audience.

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
that is good news, the only scripts I have that are low budget are horror movies.

Still, it'll be hard to get a good horror/thriller past the screenplay competition crowd. If you've taken part in Greenlight before or TriigerStreeet you know that they like to pick very anemic, TV movie stuff. Especially the thrillers.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
My guess is that the rules of the contest this time around are going to be significantly altered to facilitate horror scripts.

I'm just glad they moved it to Bravo, a channel I get.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
This will probably end up like that horror movie that Dawson Leery was working on in the last season of Dawson's Creek.

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch

Yeah, but with the caveat that it must be less than one million dollars budget worthy. But, if you've ever spent any time on Triggerstreet, you'll see that the thrillers (which is the other genre they're looking for and where the majority of entrants will fall under) that do reach the top ten are very trite and uninteresting. Any of the edgier horror scripts they've had in competition there are always dismissed as being too extreme. What wins those peer-judged screenplay contests are always safe choice, TV movie stuff.

Mike~Sileck

Supporting Actor
Heard a promo for this today.

It's hosted by Ben Affleck and Matt Damon. This season is about amateur filmmakers making a horror movie. Wes Craven is along for the whole season from what I can remember.

Season begins tonight at 9:00 est. on Bravo.

Anyone watched previous seasons?

mike

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Have. Enjoyed them though I felt as though it showed the faults of the system. This year, with a much more defined idea of what they are looking for, I'm rooting for a good product.. part of the problem the last two years was that the show was geared in such a way that it made the product look like it would be crap.. which meant the film was guaranteed to bomb.

This year, since it's a niche product, hopefully there will be enough to encourage people to see it after it's done.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
I watched the show for the first time when Bravo aired all of the first season on Sunday. The best thing about the show was seeing how the producers are involved.

http://www.bravotv.com/Project_Greenlight/Video/Scenes/ There you can watch scenes that the directors did. It says they were given an identical scene assignment, but there are different scenes. I thought Tim Clark's video was the best.

~T

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Me too. I didn't catch all of them, but I watched from the baseball rain issue through to the final shot. Interesting, addictive television.

Tonight was good. I loved how indignant Matt Damon, and I was waiting for someone to stand up for the original concept of PGL - to put a unique voice on the market. The script was the one I liked the least, but the director I was rooting for based on the clips actually got chosen. His rabidly anti-social behavior could be a serious problem though. Looks like a great season.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
On a positive note, this show is as interesting as ever. It's interesting to see them pick the winners, etc.

It's probably a bad sign when they pick a script that half of them think isn't that good. And it was only the creative people (not the business men) that thought that it wasn't the best script either. What would they know?

I LOVE, LOVE horror movies and to see people want to make a 'funny' B-horror movie is just senseless to me. Horror movies are supposed to be scary not funny. Go watch some cheap garbage by Troma if you want a comedy.

By the way, I'm actually Matt Damon and I'm still angry about the script choice:)

Jason Walstrom

Supporting Actor
I've watched the first two seasons of this show and the problem I had with those two was that It seemed the directors were picked based on the fact that their exploits and noobness would be good stuff for the reality show and not picked based on their work.

This time they picked an inferior script based on the fact it could be the one that makes money back. Bad start right away the moment you make something you know to be bad just to make money aren't you a whore? LOL.

Seriously though, I picked the guy they ended up picking based on his short film so I'm interested in seeing how he does inarticulate as he may be. I can see already that the Screenwriters are in for a newsflash as they don't know yet just how little most of the panel thought of their script, especially Matt Damon.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Crap! When did they show the episode where they picked the script! :frowning: I hope it repeats.. that was last night, wasn't it :frowning:

Jason Walstrom

Supporting Actor
another thing is, once you see how they pick the screenplays doesn't it pretty much cancel all hope of ever getting yours picked? They picked a script for reasons other than it being good.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
Ah, Dimension, the brilliant minds behind CURSED! I wonder if they would act as smug if this was shot now. But the show is as entertaining as ever, and as I tried to shoot a horror script once, will be interested in seeing what happens when studios and real money is involved in obviously a less than deserving story (can you say FROM DUSK TILL DAWN everyone?).

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
I thought the fun comment was Afflac saying, "At least the documentary will show how it really works. Everyone says one thing, and the studio does whatever the hell they want".

Interesting choice for director. I'm sure that was edited big time for effect, but still, his interview sucked. Hopefully, he pulls the movie together. His scene is pretty darned good, though.

I loved when Afflac called him and asked him to film his upcoming marriage! That was great.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
4 pm doesn't help us non-DVR workin' stiffs. Anyone know whether it's being repeated at night or on the weekend?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks