What's new

Project Greenlight 2 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I just noticed during the ending credits that Colleen Haskell (of Survivor fame) was listed as one of the "Loggers" (whatever that is). So, she's now doing work behind the scenes in Hollywood?

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
On a side note:

Did PG1 kill Pat Peach's career???

I've checked IMDB, and noticed that almost all of the crew on PG1 (that you got to know) have made subsequent films, except Pat Peach (the back stabbing producer who hated Jeff Balis).

Heck, even Pete Biagi (the pain in the ass DP) has made subsequent films.

Did Pat screw himself with his on-screen backstabbing and subsequent denials to Jeff Balis? Interesting!

AndyDC

Agent
A bit off-topic, I suppose, but what is the deal with Matt Damon always wearing that ridiculous hat? The one shot I saw him without it, he didn't look like he was going bald.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
He likes hats?

Next week is going to be fun. I hope these clowns show their true colors on set. I'm thinking that everyone including staff to actors are going to think these guys are real amateurs.

Paul Mason

Stunt Coordinator
Did PG1 kill Pat Peach's career???

I've checked IMDB, and noticed that almost all of the crew on PG1 (that you got to know) have made subsequent films, except Pat Peach (the back stabbing producer who hated Jeff Balis).

Heck, even Pete Biagi (the pain in the ass DP) has made subsequent films.

Did Pat screw himself with his on-screen backstabbing and subsequent denials to Jeff Balis? Interesting!
Biagi might have been a pita but at least he was doing it for a better shot. He was trying to contribute creatively, it's just that like many on PGL1 crew he just didn't get the implications of low budget movie-making.

Balis saved the day on the shoot at the lake. He not only thought up the shot with the boy entering the water but he realized how crucial it could be - and it was.

Peach, whilst I'm sure did his day-to-day stuff competently enough, wasn't shown contributing very much.

Michael Hughes

Second Unit
Gary Cole is awesome, I don't get these director guys at all, chance of a lifetime and they toss these stars names around like they know what they are talking about when they say yeah or neah to some choices.

Again, I wish the writer was directing again.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
If anyone looks like they should come out of this with a future in the business, it appears to be the writer, who has diligently taken criticism, turned in draft after draft, and managed to fill her role. I know the directors get upset.. when she gets mad that THEY decide to re-write her script *laugh* but isn't that her point? It's not like writers on other projects would have said nothing.

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
I guess it now comes "Money Talks, Bull$hit Walks" time. Let's see if these guys actually know what they are doing, or are as inept at directing as they appeared at pre-production.

Did anyone notice that one of the actors at the table was the actor from their "Scary Audition" piece? I do think it's cool if they stay loyal to him.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
That actor from the director's "Scary Audition" was Ray Wise, who played Leland Palmer (Laura Palmer's father on Twin Peaks).

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Great series, on par with last year's. I hope the directors start to take charge more and not just speak up in the last minute, as it seems from the footage so far that they've done.

The writer seems very competent and willing to incorporate other people's ideas into her vision. It will be interesting to see how the actual shooting goes.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
The director seemed to actually be handling things well in this week's ep. I think they may have caught on.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Hey, that was a quick-paced hour, and boy are those 2 directors sneaky or what? I have no doubt this is exactly what they wanted to do in terms of interjecting script re-writes on the fly to get their own film on the screen, no matter how far off they veer from the source material. It should be interesting to see if they can salvage the film given the deviations from the script and the footage they've shot.

Seeing Jessica Landau on the set was a pleasant surprise. This is one of those nifty "what could have been" scenario had they picked Landau to direct this script.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
bwahahahha.. these guys are horrible. If I were the script writer, I think I would have went up to them after the group hug bit and beat the living tar out of them.. or maybe it was the battle scene re-writes which seemed non-sensical (and foolish).. how could they not see what Chris M. saw: hey, if you know you're going to start making all these changes, at least let's not spend all the time making f'ing props for things we won't shoot...

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
This is the mode they've been working in all along: agree with everything, then in the last minute object. Only this time, they thought they could get away with it without even having to object, that they could sneak it in and nobody would notice. And the excuse that they're "simplifying" things just doesn't fly, even I understand that changing something in the last minute often won't simplify much, even if the change seems minor. Plus they were flat out lying when they said they had just rearranged some dialog.

It's obvious that they have a talent for directing. I really like the footage we've seen so far, minus the group hug. The first take of that scene was excellent, for example. But they really need to understand that they are part of a team of creative people, all of whom are just as talented and dedicated as they are.

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
Efram's voice is getting to be like fingernails on a chalkboard to me. He is such a whiner. And I think Chris Moore hit it on the head; they are passive agressive little fu@ks!

And major Kudos to William Sandler for coming in last minute.

Tommy Ceez

Second Unit
I have a totaly different take on this

Ive done a 180 on the directors. They see that C.Moore and J.Ballis are laid back and they push...and they push...and they push, until what they want slips through.
If I were them I wouldnt even be speaking to the writer any more. Let Jeff and Chris approach me with her problems. If anyone objects I would then reference the fact that she has absolutly no defined role at all. You want her in the process? Well then, CREATE A FREAKING PROCESS FOR ME, YOUR THE DAMN PRODUCER AND FREAKING GENIUS BEHIND THE CONCEPT!

Plus the fact that SHE has turned into the whiniest little punk since 'her vision' has been taken from her. She pouts and then has a love fest with the director who lost the competition. Bringing her to the set was a huge insult and if I were Kyle and Effram she would be dead to me.

Is it me or has PG shown that Hollywood is full of incompetent managment, non-confrontational producers, and excelent technical people?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks