What's new

Producer says X-Men III DVD to be X-tended (1 Viewer)

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
From Dark Horizons:

"Finally, he confirmed that whilst they didn't cut anything from the film for time, they did have "things that we did specifically for the DVD" and said "Absolutely" to the chances of an extended edition DVD."

Fantastic news! It was an all around great movie. I didn't feel like the movie ran short but you can always use more of a good thing. I can't wait to see what surprises they have in store for the DVD. Anyone know what's up their sleeves?

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
See below for a contradiction...

FROM thexverse.com

Brett Ratner's X-Men: TLS DVD Plans Wednesday, May 31st, 2006

According to Comics Continuum, Brett Ratner says he's been building on his behind-the-scenes material for the eventual X-Men: The Last Stand DVD for a while, and that he's put together a two-hour documentary about helming the film already.

"It wasn't like EPK (electronic press kit) crews coming by and filming me going, 'Oh, today we're filming the...' It was an in-depth making of the movie."

Ratner also says that the DVD will contain deleted scenes, but not an extended cut of the film, because the footage he wanted in made it into the movie.

andySu

Senior HTF Member
Good god hear we go again, I have “X-men 2” I have seen the first one, but I haven’t seen the third instalment, and “FOX” is talking about extending the film, will they release the DVD in two versions of the film, theatrical and extended edition, like they have done with pervious other titles?

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
If there was ever a movie that would benefit from extra scenes - providing they are character moments - this is the one.

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
Good God, this thing needs a fleshed out director's cut! I just saw it and they tried to jam sooooo many story lines and characters into this thing and it was (minus the credits) only around 95 minutes long!!!!

This was a problem with the last two as well, but was especially jarring in X3.

Dan

andySu

Senior HTF Member

Dan

128 minutes is the running time of “X-Men 2” wasn’t the first feature around 90 minutes running time?

I found “X-Men 2” too slow in parts, but I guess it depends on what type of mood you are in?

StevenFC

Second Unit
They could add three discs of extras and I still wouldn't buy this jumbled mess of a movie on DVD. This thing screams Director's Cut. I can't believe that Ratner is happy with what's on the screen. But, what do I know? Maybe he thinks it's his masterpiece.

Regardless, I'll have to pass.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Singer's original workprint cut of X-Men 1 ran roughly in the neighborhood of 150 minutes, but he was forced by Fox to trim it down to the 1 hr. 45 min. cut that we got theatrically. For the X-Men 1.5 DVD, the intention was to go back and re-edit those deleted scenes back into the film proper, but at the last minute, this fell through (there used to be an excellently candid Robert Meyer Burnett interview on his website wherein he discussed the circumstances), although I always use the extended branching feature as a "next-best-thing"/"better-than-nothing" way of viewing the longer cut of the film somewhat as Singer intended it (after a fashion).

X-Men 3, though...absolutely. If ever a flick would benefit from an extended "actor's cut," it'd be that one (and throw in Star Trek: Nemesis too, while you're at it). Glanced at my watch as I exited the theater, and couldn't believe it hadn't even been two hours long. Too damn quick, and you know there had to be a few reasonably decent character scenes left on the cutting room floor to get that stupid running-time down.

john mcfadden

Stunt Coordinator
I'll just wait till a fan edit happens or Fox releases a bare bones DVD Then a SE 6 months later with the footage added as 'extras'

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
No wonder I liked X2 better. I also thought the cut character scenes from X-Men should have been left in the film. I still neeed to see X3.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks