What's new

Problem with my new samsung monitor! (1 Viewer)

MarkLaf

Stunt Coordinator
I just purchased a samsung TXM3097WHF monitor as seen in this link

http://www.samsungusa.com/cgi-bin/na...3097WHFX%2fXAA

Just recently when I switch to component input before i have my dvd player on it always shows a green screen but in the bottom left corner it is red. When in a completley blue screen when they show the rating of a movie the bottom left is a little green. It nevers shows during movies or tv shows. Any thought? Anything would be helpful! Should I turn on my DVD player and VCR before I switch to those inputs on my Monitor?

Thanks alot Mark

Mike Hamilton

Stunt Coordinator
You have a magnet purity issue with the CRT. Either the internal degaussing is not capable of eliminating it, spot magnets are improperly placed, or the shadow mask is lifting off the tube in that corner. These are things that are possibly physically wrong.
There is also the possibility that your set is too close to a speaker and the magnetic field is being disrupted.

Let us know what happens!

MarkLaf

Stunt Coordinator
that was the problem even though its sheilded it still did that. ITs now about 1.5ft from my tv

thanks again!

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
That was my first guess. And it's perplexing how many allegedly shielded speakers are not as shielded as they should be.

Keep us posted about the Samsung's performance, Mark. I'm following the posts of other Samsung owners here.

MarkLaf

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks alot!

I love my monitor am going to go buy a samsung plasma as soon as money permits have always like my samsung tv performance!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks