Problem with "DVD Demystified"

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mike Frezon, Nov 24, 2001.

1. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

Hi!

I am still feeling my way around the HTF and was looking for a listing of some of the abbreviations that are used by the posters here. Near the top of the "Software" page is a link labeled "Read DVD Demystified here". I thought that might help me, but whenever I've clicked on it in recent weeks (both before and after your site's software changeover), it takes me to a 404 error message and I cannot even return to the forum with my "back" button.

Just thought you would like to know. BTW, is there a place where there is a glossary of common HTF abbreviations? Thanks!

2. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    Mike:
    I am not sure why you are getting the "404" error as the page is there and the link is working just fine. The reason that your back button doesn't work is because the link to this page is loaded in a new window. Just close that window out and you will see the forum as before.
    You can read DVD Demystified, by Jim Taylor, at http://dvddemystified.com/dvdfaq.html at any time if the link from here continues to give you problems. Also, there is a basic faq page on the Links page that goes cover what a DVD is, etc.
    Parker

3. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

Hi Parker--
    The link you supplied in your response worked fine!
    However, the one at the top of the "software" topics page still gives the following message:

4. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    Mike:

Try it again. The author of the page put a default.css style in there that couldn't be called up locally. Also, the back button wouldn't work because you got an error on the page.

Parker

5. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

Parker--
    Thanks a lot! Everything works great now. [​IMG]
    Hope I was able to help out with something.
    This is one awesome site! I have learned quite a lot in the last few weeks!