What's new

Problem connecting DVD to LED Flat panel (1 Viewer)

LilBro

Auditioning
Real Name
Kevin
My daughter & her fiance gave us their Westinghouse LD4655VX television. I connected our Panasonic DVDCV51 player to it using the RGB video9 & optical audio connection. Unfortunately, when I play a disc, I get serious buzz on the audio the the video is B/W only. Where would my connections be mucked up? Or is the Panny dying? Thank you.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
My first guess(cause I haven't looked at either one yet)... The Component input on the TV only works when the audio is connected correctly... That TV, I assure you, does not have an optical input. You need to connect the analog red/white with the component. I will be looking at the DVD player regardless.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I will also fathom a guess that the TV may not digest RGB, so you might have to switch the DVD player to YCrBr(or the other way).

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Now I know the problem... That TV does not use the RGB(which I assume you meant the component, red/green/blue) connector...cause it doesn't have one. The only thing you can use is a standard composite cable... http://www.amazon.com/Mediabridge-Composite-Audio-Video-Cable/dp/B002KNE4R0/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1362279662&sr=1-1&keywords=composite+cable Considering how cheap an upconverting 1080P DVD player is...I'd get one... http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-DVD-S68-1080p-Up-Converting-Player/dp/B004LNL6V4/ref=sr_1_5?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1362279720&sr=1-5&keywords=1080p+dvd

LilBro

Auditioning
Real Name
Kevin
I misnamed the connection. I used high quality composite cables. Today I double checked the connections to make sure the Pr/Pb/Y cables on the DVD were connected to the correct posts on the TV. No go. The picture is B/W whether a disc is in or I just use the Panny's menu. The sound is thru the optical out to my 5.1 receiver. Beaucoup 60Hz hum on the TV.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks