What's new

Private school dvd reannounced for March !!! (1 Viewer)

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member

I wouldn't be worried about scenes being missing. Although I do wish they had scenes from the TV cut.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
I just visited the website for universal dvd.com their page for the private school dvd no longer has the dvd artwork available, it was still there yesterday.I hope they are not thinking of changing the dvd cover, was never too fond of the original theatrical poster for this movie.

Jon Hertzberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jonathan

Do you mean, "You're Breakin' My Heart" by Harry Nilsson? This is the song that I've heard in the opening credits of every version I've seen--original MCA home video release and old HBO airings.

The song "Private School," performed by Bill Wray, appears at a different point in the film--I believe when Jim and Christine arrive at the hotel for their date. It may also be performed during the school dance sequence, but I can't recall for sure.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Thats odd, I coulve sworn in a tv broadcast back in the early 90s,Bill Wray" s private school song was the first song that appeared in the movie.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Sheesh,now that I went to all the trouble of preordering private school elsewhere , amazon .com decides to finally put up a preorder.Just last week when I e mailed them , they said no plans for a preorder.Now ill just stick with with the other place I ordered it, because amazon.com lied.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member

The edited TV print has it as the theme, I believe. Like with FAST TIMES and BREAKFAST CLUB, Universal re-edited the film, including a lot of deleted scenes, for the TV print. I wish they would be included in the DVD, but it doesn't seem like it, since the other films haven't included those scenes as extras.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Judging from universals dvd website , private school will have all the major songs intact on the dvd! Here is what it says,"Private School features a soundtrack of hits from artists like the Stray Cats, Vanity Six,Bow Wow Wow and Rick Springfield."

Jon Hertzberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jonathan

Yeah, I think it's pretty safe to say those deleted scenes will not be included on this disc. I would be surprised if we see a title menu, chapter menu, or trailer on this disc.

As for music, I think the Nilsson tune is most appropriate since it appears to be the song used in the original theatrical version.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Youre kidding right Jon ? Even the cheapest public domain titles nowadays have chapter menus.So why would private school, which is from a bigtime company like Universal not have one ?

Jon Hertzberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jonathan

The image artwork that Amazon has up for Private School has the Studio Selections banner across the top, which is what leads me to believe the film will be afforded the same treatment the earlier Studio Selection titles received.

Judging from the treatment of Charley Varrick and Colossus: The Forbin Project, we should just be happy if Private School is 16:9 OAR.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Wow,I never had a Universal studio selection,do you mean to say there wont even be a static menu that has a play movie option.The movie will start off right away after the fbi warning and the universal globe song?

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Forgot to mention, every single dvd site , including Universal lists private school dvd 1.85.1 anamorphic widescreen.So I wouldnt worry about fullscreen.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I have the Studio Selections disc of Cloak and Dagger, and it just plays when you insert the disc. The movie looks surprisingly good, however.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Only a week away, but I have yet to find a dvd review on the net for this.Im hoping the transfer looks at least as good, as the original dvd release of fast times at ridgemont high.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Im pretty sure stores in the USA like best buy or circuit city will carry it.Although they probably wont have as many copies available as new movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NenaSiddall
Recent bookmarks