What's new

Prison Break - Target Bonus Disc MIA? (1 Viewer)

ravma

Stunt Coordinator
Has anyone gotten a copy of the Target bonus disc? I have opened two copies from Target, and BOTH have had the Best Buy bonus disc inside. I went to 2 different Target locations, so I am beginning to suspect that this is not an isolated problem.

MattHR

Screenwriter
I just posted the following in another thread...

The exclusive bonus disc madness continues:

After my frustrating -- and futile -- attempts to secure the Beavis & Butt-head bonus disc from Target, I was reluctant to reward them with my business for their "exclusive" Prison Break release today.

After comparing Best Buy's alternate exclusive disc, I decided Target's was the more interesting choice. I bought the set at Target -- avoiding my usual additional puchases -- as punishment for the B&B fiasco.

Upon opening the set, I immediately noticed the bonus disc was labeled "Mobisodes Series" -- the name of the Best Buy disc, and not "Behind the Walls" -- which is title clearly labeled as the Target exclusive on the front of the box.

I hoped it was simply a labeling error on the actual disc, so I popped it into the player. You guessed it: it's the Best Buy disc. To make matters even more maddening for Target customers, the program opens with a cast member addressing the viewer with "Thank you for shopping at Best Buy" !!!

I wonder if Best Buy received Target's supply, or, as with B&B, the Target disc will be impossible to obtain.

Just another reason why the trend of these idiotic "exclusive" retail bonus discs needs to stop!

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
funny (well, not funny funny), this is the second week straight that Target promised a bonus disc and didn't deliver

Jim*F

Stunt Coordinator
Just posted a summary of the Prison Break bonus features (including a summary of the Best Buy Mobisodes bonus disc) in another thread!

Well, the BB set I bought at BB had the proper bonus disc in it. How sad for Target -- so now they're selling merchandise that blatantly advertises a competitor!!! Brilliant!

It's interesting how everyone decided which bonus set to buy. I compared and thought the BB disc was more interesting! I figured the Target bonus was just a kind of "behind the scenes" thing (and footage of a Season 1 cast wrap party didn't thrill me), so I went with the Mobisodes, which is kind of like getting a bonus, full-length episode of PB that focuses of LJ's arrest/frame-up.

ravma

Stunt Coordinator
I wanted to get both discs, so I got two copies; one for me and one for my father. But now, I have two copies, and two of the same bonus disc. :frowning:
I would have waited to get the copy for my father had I known this was going to be a problem.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Has anyone actuallt gotten (or even heard of anyone getting) the Target bonus disc?

I feel somewhat bad for Target, this is 100% Fox's* fault but Target is the one who is going to take the heat for this and advertise the competition at the same time.

*EDIT: Wrong, see below for the real culprit. :)

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member

Actually....no. Fox, like all other companies, uses replication facilities to create the discs and package them. This is the fault of the replication facility/warehouse that packaged the sets, not the fault of someone at Fox. I've contacted Fox and they're looking into the problem.

Hey, maybe Target won't be so keen on these exclusive bonus discs any more and we can start getting the content on the normal sets where it belongs.

Gord

BrandonJF

Second Unit

It isn't always the case that these bonus features are withheld from a release just for the sake of creating a bonus disc, is it? At least, I had read that wasn't the case with Top Gun, for example. Disc 2 was so packed as it was with that awesome documentary that they really had no additional space for the other produced supplements. Without that Best Buy bonus disc, nobody would have had the chance to see them unless Paramount wanted to add another disc to all the sets, which I find doubtful.

No way were those 4 episodes of "The Practice" fitting on the existing Boston Legal set without adding an additional disc to every copy. Adding another disc adds to the production costs (especially given that the slimline packaging would require another case to fit that extra DVD). Either that eats into profit or gets passed on to consumers.

I'd be surprised if there wasn't room for a few more episodes on that Beavis and Butthead set, though. I haven't checked to see how much space was used up.

Whether Prison Break could've shoehorned in another 1+ hour of material on that last disc, I don't know...

okayplayer

Auditioning
Real Name
Richard
I just got the set at BestBuy. Should there be a special sticker on the front of the package denoting that the BEstBuy bonus disc is inside? I just want to know if I have the bonus disc in my set before I open it.

Rich

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
Yes, the Best Buy bonus disc sets all have a Best Buy sticker advertising the fact, and are mixed in with bonusless sets.

Justin1

Stunt Coordinator
I went to my local Target this afternoon and they already have a 1-800 number to call for issues concerning the disc. Apparently, guest just have to call the number and they will get the issue resolved. A friend of mine bought the set and used the number. I will try to get that number from him so I can post.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
The Target bonus disc DOES exist after all. I just had mine delivered from DHL. Much faster than I expected (I was told it would be a couple weeks when I called Thursday morning).

I haven't watched the disc yet, but I scanned through it - it contains the 44 minute "Behind the Walls" recap episode/featurette, 9 minutes of coverage of the wrap party (Including cast interviews), and a 3 minute trailer for the new show Vanished, premiering after Prison Break Monday. There's no menu (the recap episode starts automatically after the FOX legal screens), but there's a chapter stop between each feature.

John*D

Second Unit

DHL!!!

I gave them my PO BOX and they didn't say anything about DHL. Looks like I'll have to call again?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks