What's new

Prison Break ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Marc_Sulinski

Supporting Actor

I really doubt he said f**king. It would not even make sense in the context of his statement, as I am sure that his mother has not f**ked him in quite a while.

Wendy_L

Supporting Actor
Ok, maybe you guys can clear something up for me. I'm really enjoying this show but there is something that I'm totally hazy on. Who is this Abruzzi character they keep talking about and how does he play into everything? I get confused whenever they have a scene between Michael and the dude from "Fargo". I never have any clue what the hell they are talking about.

Can anyone fill me in?

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

Um, Abruzzi is "the Guy from Fargo". :D Here Peter Stomare is playing mobster John Abruzzi, who was put away by the informant that Michael managed to locate, the same informant that is due to testify against Abruzzi's boss around the time Linc gets the needle.

Reards,

Joe

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
It's important because Abruzzi's kids are being held hostage until Abruzzi can get Michael to divulge the informant (Fibonacci)'s location.

So Abruzzi REALLY wants Michael to divulge that info and since he couldn't get it via physical threat (the toe chop), he's apparantly going to cooperate with Michael's prison escape plans.

Raasean Asaad

Supporting Actor
I have a morbid question:

Was it one toe or two and was it a full chop or to the knuckle because Michael isn't limping around as much as he should and just about every toe on the foot counts.

GARY C

Second Unit
I'm pretty sure when they showed it in the infirmary it was just the one that cried wee-wee-wee all the way home.

Which was also the one they showed them about to cut at the end of the previous show.

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor

Just a guess but since very little time has passed I assume the area affected is still quite sore. If so one would favor the good leg when walking, thus a slight limp.

Once the footed completely heals the limp would probably disappear.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
I'm always amazed at how much even having a body part imobilized for one reason or another can throw off the whole mechanics of things like walking, lifting, carrying things. "Small" things like the little finger or toe are easy to take for granted until you lose or break them. All the toes are involved in balance and locomotion. The processes are so automatic that we not only don't think about them but are scarcely aware of them. Add in the pain of a recent major wound (which generally gets worse as the healing process starts) and hell yeah, you'd be limping.

In addition to what Greg said, Abruzzi is John's link to the kind of resources that only the Mob (or the government) would have - like a plane for the escape itself, some seed money, forged driver's licenses and social security cards for Michael and Lincoln. If you look at the scene of Michael tearing down all the newspaper clippings (with its echoes of both the closing montage from The Usual Suspects and the opening credits of Dead Again) you'll see that Abruzzi's betrayl and trial was one of the things Michael researched while putting together his plan to break Linc out. "D. B." Cooper was another. I'm going to have to go through that thing a frame at a time one of these days to see what other clues it holds.

Regards,

Joe

Chuck Schick

Stunt Coordinator

Absolutely. Its critical for the balance of your foot. I just broke my middle toe slightly and have been limping for a month.

I guess the show's not centered around the prison break afterall. How they are going to keep up this show after a season is beyond me.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
It looks like the break is accelerated- maybe just one guy gets out, then has to break back in to get the others, or something like that.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
You guy's aren't fallng for this, are you? ;)

IMO I don't think that it is the big break, it smells of false conclusion to me, like we're supposed to think that it's THE moment but he'll get caught and thrown back in and somehow he'll get out of the transfer and the REAL break out will happen later on.

And remember, the plan was to get himself and his brother out, in the previews he was alone, which defeats the whole purpose of his being there to begin with.

That's just a guess, show's do that sort of thing all the time.

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
I really like the cellmate Lucre better than Scofield - it was hilarious when he started singing to cover up the digging noise.

I like Haywire too - but the "no sleep" thing was dropped too quickly, hope he hangs around.

Early impressions: the show drags whenever they leave the prison, and Scofield is the dullest character in the prison.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks