What's new

Prison Break ongoing thread (2 Viewers)

Jonny P

Supporting Actor
It was okay.

It was pretty intriguing, but I am just not a fan of prison movies/shows etc. of any kind. One of these days it'll lose me...

Marc Bax

Second Unit

I wouldn't expect it to be a prison show a whole lot longer. One has to think that the escape will happen this season and then the show will focus on uncovering the conspiracy with them on the run. That's my guess anyways.

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I was drawn into the show. Based on the double episode it's been added to my PVR list. Besides, I'm a fan of Robin Tunney ever since Vertical Limit (an underated movie that's great for showing off one's HT!)

And Peter ("Fargo") Stomare? Gotta love his character in this show. I predict this show will grow on people.

:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

EricW

Senior HTF Member
my only (small) gripe is
the way they killed the priest. i mean let's assume it was a government op like the way they present it. you have so many resources and alot of prep time, why use something as obvious as a gun? you could poison him or make him fall down the stairs and break his back. unless you WANT to make it look like a mob hit or something, but i still say making it look natural (heart attack?) has way more advantages than disadvantages.

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
Fox is repeating the pilot on Thursday night.

I liked it quite a bit, even though the supporting cast is more interesting than our wooden hero. The cellmate could be a breakout character. And don't go near the wood chipper with Peter Stormare! :laugh:

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
Just watched it. Really enjoyed it and I think I'll stick with this.
Regarding the tattoos, are you suppossed to look at it at an angle or something to see the plans?

Ryan L. Bisasky

Second Unit
for those of you in the baltimore area who were forced to watch the raven's play, the encore of the pilot is airing tomorrow sunday sept 4 at 5pm-7pm on fox 45. I sure hope they air it in hd, as some stations forget to flick the hd switch during certain hours.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

No, it is more a matter of your having to know that the plans are there in order to see them. The tattoos are a deliberately complex combination of patterns like those optical illusion pictures where you have to stare at the thing for awhile before you see the hidden picture, or where the dancing couple becomes a skull (or vice versa) when you change your point of focus. The reveal was just a special effect to make the underlying pattern stand out and be obvious to the audience. I rather doubt that it is possible to do tattoos that are only visible from certain angles. Even if a safe ink existed I don't see how it could be applied beneath the surface of the skin and still keep its optical properties.

Regards,

Joe

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob

I agree with that statement. It is the greatest movie ever, not one of the greatest. :)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Great episode tonight, Schofield's new cell mate could pose a problem,
but I think that he'll actually turn out to be alright, he was pretty articulate sounding when he told him of his sleep problem.

One complaint, the execution of that woman in the woods was brutal, a little too brutal for my taste. :thumbsdown: Television, IMO, is going too far with the senseless violence.

It's not necessary.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Come now, don't turn it into that, you know what I mean, they could have done it off-screen, but they chose to show her beg for her life before the other guy blew her brains out. It was just too much IMO.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I guess the idea behind the scene being violent was to jolt the audience. You're supposed to be thinking that the one guy is gonna let her go and then BAM! the other guy takes her out in a violent way to shake up the audience.

I liked seeing Silas Weir Mitchell (the crazy cellmate) again.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
I could have sworn they cut away & didn't show the actual fatal shot. But I think part of the point of how it was done was to show how ruthless the one guy is.

You do realize this show is fake, right?

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I shouldn't really have to answer that, should I? Also, I distinctly saw blood and stuff fly out of the side of her head.

Anyway, it was a minor complaint in an otherwise great episode, let's move on.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks