What's new

Printer problem...... (1 Viewer)

Brent_H

Second Unit
So after a sheet is done printing on my HP DeskJet 932C, it is about 1/4" shy of feeding all the way through to the "holding" tray, so when the next printed piece comes through, it james up......it just started recently. Any ideas on how to remedy this?

John Watson

Screenwriter
Brent, I'm no techie, but when I have had jams, or out of paper messages when I'm not, etc, shutting down (sometimes I eventually unplug it), removeing torn paper as best as possible (many printers aren't very accessible), and restarting her seems to have kept this old Epson going for 5+ years. I try not to overload the feeder either. Good Luck.

Lee Carbray

Second Unit
Brent, I actually work in HP's service center up here in Canada, so I may be able to help you out.It sound like the paper tray is stuck in the feed position. Try this.

First take out the paper tray and any jammed paper in the printer.
Turn the printer off and remove the access panel in the back. Also make sure the Carriage(holds the cartridges) is sitting at the right on the printer. If it is not you should be able to move it with your hand with the printer off.
You should see three black rollers.
First rotate the rollers by hand opposite to the direction of the paper feed. Do this for a couple rotations on until the is some strong resistance.
Then rotate them in the correct direction of the paper feed.
After a couple rotations they should be relatively easy to move and the printer should be in "ready" mode.
Replace the paper tray and it should lie flat. It the tray lifts up against the rollers you will still have a problem.

Let me know if that helped at all.

Brent_H

Second Unit
whoa, you are probably the best person to answer this one....Thanks Lee, I will give it a try!!
:)

Brent_H

Second Unit
Lee~

So I did what you said, but my printer is still doing the same thing. Basically, the just printed sheet isn't going COMPLETELY through, the bottom just "hangs" off of the feeder, and when the next piece comes through, it screws it up. Its almost like the printer forgot how far to feed.....

Lee Carbray

Second Unit
OK, I have another idea of what could have happened. When the paper exits the feed mechanism to drop it into the output tray, there are three small plastic fingers that should come forward and push the paper out of the way. It is very common for these fingers to break. I don't know if you can access this link,
exploded view
The part I am referring to is labeled as "Bar". You can barely make out the three fingers pointing strait up. On the printer they are usually in the down position lying in the three spaces between the four out put rollers. If you can tell they are broken then you can either try and order the part yourself or call for service. If you are in warranty I would suggest the latter. Unfortunately I am not familiar with the service offerings in the US. Chances are you would receive a refurbished replacement.
Cheers

Brent_H

Second Unit
Lee...
Yeah, the "bar" prongs are down like they are supposed to be so I don't think they need to be replaced. This is driving me insane. I print a lot of stuff for school and I have to sit here and manually pull the paper out or else everything gets messsed up!!!!
any other ideas?? :)
~Brent

Lee Carbray

Second Unit
Brent, if the prongs are there it sounds like they are not popping up to push the paper out into the tray. There may be something else wrong with the printer mechanism. I think, your best bet is to call HP tech support and have them trouble shoot with you over the phone. If your printer is under warranty they should be able to have you a replacement within 24hrs. That is how it works in Canada anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks