What's new

Prince of Persia - Summer 2008 (1 Viewer)

Joel C

Screenwriter
If the follow the storyline of the videogames (which are fairly cinematic), this could make a neat movie, what with the twisting story and time-travel aspects.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas

That's concept art?! :eek: I thought it was a set photo at first. Damn!

John Doran

Screenwriter
i totally agree. unfortunately, i fear that the myopic powers-that-be in hollywood may well gravitate more toward the brooding, heavy-metal prince from the subsequent installments.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Since it's Bruckheimer and Disney, somebody's got to be thinking, "Hey, this could be our next Pirates of the Caribbean." The prince isn't that far removed personality-wise from Jack Sparrow, so we may be okay there.

Kevin Grey

Senior HTF Member

More importantly, the (initial at least) film screenplay was written Jordan Mechner who only had a hand in the first game so that tone was probably the starting point they went with.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I only had the information at hand, but I know of Jordan Mechner. I've been playing his games since I was a small child, starting with Karateka. His involvement is good news.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I just read at the IMDb that Bay is not confirmed as the director, and that Bruckheimer has said that a director has not been picked. Has anyone heard anything along these lines? Dare I hope? POP is about the best idea for a video game translation I've heard of, but I'll skip it altogether if Bay is given the helm.

Llappin

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Leila
IMDB lists Mike Newell as the director with a release date of 28 May 2010

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks