What's new

Prey Demo out, PC/Xbox360 (1 Viewer)

Joe D

Supporting Actor
I'll download the demo tonight. Prey has been in development for about forever. I'm suprised it was released.

Still waiting on Duke Nukem Forever, which has been in development for about the same amount of time.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Played through it last night. It was pretty good. Even liked the music in the jukebox. :D

The is a lot of deju vu in what is happening, but the world feels very alien and so far I like the weapons you get. I will say that this is the only FPS I've ever played where I got a little motion sick. All that gravity and walking on walls and spinning. Makes for some interesting battles, but got me sick too. :S

I'll probably pick it up.

kuliddar

Agent
Indeed, I downloaded it last weekend and had fun playing the demo. The whole portal and gravity thing is a nice twist to a genre that seems so repetitive nowadays.

Brent T

Second Unit
Downloaded this the other night on my 360 and wow ! I cant wait for this to come out. Prey on a 55" is just awesome, I love my 360 !

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Well, just played and beat the game in 7 hours and I thought I was taking my time. Definitely too short for $50 and laughably short for $60 on the X360. There were some cool sections, and a few interesting puzzles, but mostly it was incredibly easy. Biggest problem is that you just can't die, or better put, there is no penalty for dieing. The variety of enemies is small, the AI sucks, the puzzles aren't challenging.

It is pretty to look at, and there were a few times where I went, wow that was cool. But overall, wait for the bargain bin.

Mark Schmitt

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the warning, Jason. I was on the fence, but I think that after your post and the reviews, I think I'll look for a rental or wait until I can find it cheap/used. I had heard it was a short game, although the demo was a lot of fun.

Oh, well. I'm still obsessed with Oblivion anyways, ever since I got it last month. Now there's a game worth 60 bucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks