What's new

Prewiring a home theater (1 Viewer)

jmcdizzle

Auditioning
Real Name
jason
What is the best type of conduit to use in prewiring a home theater? I am building an open home theater in my basement and will be building my own entertainment center located under the tv. I would prefer to put it in a closet but am trying to utilize as much space as possible for basic storage. It will only have a tv and not a projector, but I plan on running home audio thru the receiver/speaker selector, so I want to make sure I make expansion easy. The basement is currently unfinished and am in the planning stage. Thanks, Jay

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Keep in mind, only use that for future wires. If you fill it up with the wires you are running today there will be no room. Also if you know what you want to put in it someday, just run that now. For example if you think you may want to run speaker wire to the den and you are going to put in the conduit now to help facilitate that in the future, its probably the same price as the Smurf tube to just run the speaker wire today. The Smurf tube is for cables that don't exist today. Don't get the one inch stuff, because the terminated end of a cable will have a hard time fitting. Don't forget to leave a pull string in the conduit.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks