Pretty Poison

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Claude North, Jul 11, 2003.

1. Claude North

Claude North Second Unit

This 1968 cult classic starring Anthony Perkins and Tuesday Weld has long been a favorite film of mine. It was released by Fox, and I assume they still own it. Has there ever been ANY discussion about its being released on DVD?

2. John Watson

John Watson Screenwriter

Yeah, a classic, in B&W too as I remember. Lolita meets Fatal Attraction [​IMG]

3. Jeff Newcomb

Jeff Newcomb Second Unit

I sent an email about this one to Jon Mulvaney at Criterion. If indeed they have an arrangement with Fox (Three Women, BVD, Kagemusha), as many of us inferred from the last Fox chat, this would seem to be an ideal selection.

Of course I received the standard "I'll pass your suggestion on to acquisitions," reply from Criterion. I also suggested that they include director Noel Black's Skaterdater. I have not seen it, but it one Best Short at Cannes and was nominated for an Academy Award.

4. Peter Kline

Peter Kline Cinematographer

5. Dick

Dick Producer
    Supporter

Rick
    Terrific little movie with a sardonic sense of humor and great performances by Perkins and Tuesday Weld (looking more beautiful than I've ever seen her). One of those "under the radar" movies that deserves better exposure.