What's new

Press Release: Disney Treasures Wave 2 (1 Viewer)

millercv

Second Unit
I'll be buying all three.
I just hope we get the Wartime Cartoons in the next wave. That and an educational disk - mmmmmmm Donald Duck in Mathmagic Land :)
Future sets I would kill for:
'64 Worlds Fair which could include a very nice recording of the current Carousel of Progress before it is closed for good
Disneyland USA 2 (with Disneyland Showtime and several of the other WWoC episodes that weren't on the first disk)
Nature Series
Walt Disney World - I don't ever recall seeing a show on when WDW opened but they used to play the Epcot Opening w/ Danny Kaye occasionally before they cancelled Vault Disney

Lars Vermundsberget

Supporting Actor
Quote: "Me too. But I also want that full-length animated feature that's never seen the light of day in full since WWII."
Victory Thru Air Power? Yes, that would be nice.
---
(About MM LD sets)
Quote:
"No, it was B&W Vol 2. I didn't buy it because the were selling it for over $200, but it was on display in Tower Records in lower Manhattan for over a year, & I used to drool over it regularly . You must be talking about yet another box."
Well, I must say I'm surprised - I thought I knew about practically all the important Disney LDs :D
Would anyone know anything about this? Contents? Catalog number?

Jeffrey Gray

Second Unit
Rob Kilbride (and everyone else), DFF was the title that I, myself, censored beforehand. I did that to make sure [SITUATION CENSORED] won't happen. (Hey, I don't wanna give Disney any ideas...if we keep quiet, we could well get it on the set)

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Can't wait for these, more please!!
I have around 340 Disney cartoon shorts on video tape, dating from 1928 to 1965, but now I greedily want them all on dvd and totally uncut!
The B/W Mickey Mouse short "The Mad Doctor" is one of my favorites, a very spooky cartoon, set in a ghostly castle, perfect for Halloween, the British censor at the time decided it was 'unsuitable for young children'.:eek:
I also have Disneys 'Victory through Air Power' on tape, which was shown on British tv channel C4 about 10 years ago, it was preceded by the cartoon short 'Der Fuhrer's face', Victory has fantastic animation, action packed propaganda, my copy clocked in at 65mins. I would also love to have this on the more permanent digital format.

Douglas R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I also have Disneys 'Victory through Air Power' on tape, which was shown on British tv channel C4 about 10 years ago, it was preceded by the cartoon short 'Der Fuhrer's face', Victory has fantastic animation, action packed propaganda, my copy clocked in at 65mins. I would also love to have this on the more permanent digital format.
Steve, I also have a tape of that UK TV broadcast, the only time the film was broadcast I think. A fascinating film which apparently WILL be on the Disney Treasures war cartoons collection next year.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks