Preorder Brute Force, get a free Halo DVD

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Dave F, Mar 2, 2003.

1. Dave F

Dave F Cinematographer

Over at EbGames.com, if you preorder Brute Force, you will get a free "Ultimate Halo Companion DVD Set". Tough to tell exactly what the DVD is though. I'm guessing that it will be similar to the making of Halo DVD that was offered through the Bungie store.

-Dave

2. Jay Mitchosky

Jay Mitchosky Producer

That's cool. [​IMG] I never even heard of that Making Of disc before. Is it good? I'll hold off on the Brute Force preorder though, pending feedback from people here who have played the game and reviews. Too many times I've seen high profile titles end up in the yawn bin.

3. Parker

Parker Agent

I'm betting it's the cutscenes compiled, plus a look at Halo 2.

4. James Zos

James Zos Supporting Actor

"Too many times I've seen high profile titles end up in the yawn bin."

Yeah, I've had that thought about Brute Force as well. Doesn't the release date keep getting pushed back? Not a good sign, in my opinion. Seems like there have been a lot of high profile Xbox games (Blinx, for one) that have failed to live up to expectations. Since I'm looking forward to Brute Force, I hope that isn't the case here, but maybe I'm just overly optimistic (I still have hope for Duke Nukem Forever.)

5. Derrik Draven

Derrik Draven Supporting Actor

Chris

6. Dave F

Dave F Cinematographer

FYI: This disc is now available at Best Buy. $5 for the disc, and then the $5 is applied towards a price of Brute Force.

It also comes with the Exhibition #2 disc (which I already purchased, d'oh!)

-Dave

7. Dan B

Dan B Screenwriter

I noticed these at Best Buy too. Did you pick one up, Dave? I'm interested to know if there's any new Halo 2 or Brute Force videos...or anything else of interest.

8. BrianB

BrianB Producer

Dan,

9. Dave F

Dave F Cinematographer

That was the "making of" disc (which is a little better, IMO). There is a little Halo2 stuff, but less than what you would find in the preview section of a game site. There are some character renders, and the Halo 2 trailer, but that's about it. Most of the Halo 1 information is duplicated from the Making Of disc, but that disc seemed to have a better navigation system.

This disc has more DVD-rom content. Wallpapers, screenshots, etc.

The Brute Force content is just pre-rendered movies. I hate that crap. It tells me _nothing_ about the game.

So it's pretty much a waste of $5. Still, the neurotic collector in me couldn't pass this disc up. [​IMG]

-Dave

10. Dan B

Dan B Screenwriter

Thanks Dave, I guess I'll pass then. I already have the "making of Halo" disc, too.

11. Derrik Draven

Derrik Draven Supporting Actor

Chris
    Keep in mind, the disc I have is the one that was released about a year ago. The content on it was put there before Halo 1 was released. (no halo 2 info)

I don't have the new disc which, according to IGN, has more stuff on it.

Think I'll pick it up.