What's new

Predictions For 2014 (1 Viewer)

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
They're already making 3D movies out of what was originally filmed as 2D, aren't they? At some point someone might think to try that with TV shows.

Tooncy

Second Unit
There's already a patent on a device that makes everything beyond 3D on a television. No glasses required.

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
Yes, but hopefully not with the b&w films in question here. We don't want history bent out of shape more than it already is altered and distorted too insanely, do we.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
dana martin said:
CBS/Paramount Blu

of course will finish there run of ST:TNG and continue with Enterprise, with the possibility of the 1st season of ST:DS9

Twin Peaks: Complete w/ Fire Walk With Me,

And I think once the Honeymooners is done we may see the release of the 1st Season of I Love Lucy, ( in glorious B/W as it is meant to be seen)

Fox
Maybe we will get to see how the X-Files transfers to HD, or at least that is the rumors

Universal

No hope there, as long as I waited for Hitchcock Presents season 6, and then to get a crappy MOD that people are having trouble with, makes me upset
late entry to update:

so the follow up is not only do I get Lucy's first season in HD, with Honeymooners, I also get Andy Griffith's first season as well.

thinking things thru, I think, or more hope that CBS has a really big surprise in store, and while not 50's or 60' classic, it does have a tie in there. The Twilight Zone (1985) CBS owns this, and it is approaching it's 30th anniversary. The issue is the same that they had with ST:TNG it was filmed 35 mm then all editing was done in video, so CBS would need to go back to the original films to do this project. Much like they have done with ST:TNG. and it will be released just prior to or as a tie in to the movie that is kicking around.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
Since there seems to be a push to release more complete series then maybe there is hope for the following series:

1. Chico and the Man

2. Serpico

2. Dan August

3. O'Hara Treasury Agent

4. The Rookies

5. Police Woman

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
Those would be some great cult titles to get indeed. I'm watching the Janssen show at the moment and like it a lot (despite its sometimes cardboard sets) if the prints are okay, Timeless might be the right ones for it. The one-seasoners Serpico and Dan August would probably be MOD from CBS, but I'm okay with that as long as we get them.

JMas

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Mason
If another Janssen series is to be released, I'd rather it be Richard Diamond. From what I've read, Janssen himself did not like O'Hara.

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
JMas said:
If another Janssen series is to be released, I'd rather it be Richard Diamond. From what I've read, Janssen himself did not like O'Hara.
I'd love to see Richard Diamond as well. I've heard, however, that the rights to the show are somewhat muddled between two parties. I'm not sure of the details exactly or the potential for a possible release on it. Fingers crossed though

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
JMas said:
It was his own David Janssen production, though. Isn't RD a PD title, so to speak? I'm not really sure who owns it.

JMas

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Mason
HenryDuBrow said:
It was his own David Janssen production, though.
If you are referring to O'Hara, I thought it was a Jack Webb production. The style seemed similar to Dragnet. Janssen wasn't able to inject any personality into his character, like he did in Harry O.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
O'Hara was indeed a Webb show produced for Universal who owns the rights. There were tape masters for the A+E repeats in the early 90s but we'd have to be sure they still exist after the fire! (I'm still surprised "Switch" was lost given its exposure on TV Land as recently as the early 2000s).

Tooncy

Second Unit
Richard Diamond was produced by Four Star and distributed by Fox. My guess is Fox owns it, unless it's PD.

JMas

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Mason
Both Switch and O'Hara had runs on RTV as recently as a couple of years ago. As I recall, the O'Hara prints looked pretty good. The Switch prints were not as nice.

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
With Janssen's two more famous series doing very well on DVD for their respective releasing studios, maybe this one could be something for Timeless to try, of course you never know perhaps they already have been looking into it...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks