What's new

Prediction Thread: Season's first cancel / Season's new success (1 Viewer)

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
They never got around the filming the episode where Jamie infiltrates a beach volleyball league. Those bastards.

The Mob Doctor will live and die on how interesting the mob part is. It's probably toast.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I don't know how "The Neighbors" gets another airing. I haven't seen anything that repellent since Yahoo Serious made his way to US shores.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
mattCR said:
I don't know how "The Neighbors" gets another airing.   I haven't seen anything that repellent since Yahoo Serious made his way to US shores.
The real question is, what's worse? The Neighbors or the Geico Caveman TV show. :)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Originally Posted by JohnS /t/323576/prediction-thread-seasons-first-cancel-seasons-new-success#post_3981658
The real question is, what's worse? The Neighbors or the Geico Caveman TV show.

I had completely blacked that out. That was ABC also, wasn't it?

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
mattCR said:
I had completely blacked that out.   That was ABC also, wasn't it?
Sure was. The funny thing is that the ORIGINAL pilot was actually pretty decent.
Then they came out with a whole new pilot and it was terrible.
I only watched one episode after that.
Just awful.

easterling

Grip
Real Name
Robert
Here is my list...
Guys with Kids... will probably only last one season
Ben & Kate... could potentially move on to a second season but looks doubtful
Animal Practice... I found this hilarious, my wife hated it... so we shall see
Go On... just like Mr. Sunshine, this will not see the light of a second season...
Revolution reminds me of the Flashforward... it will be good and then it will end with a way that will want everyone to have a second season and not get one.
Vegas... did not get a change to watch it but I think they are trying to compete with Boardwalk Empire
There are shows out there that did surprise me though like Melissa & Joey even though that may not last much longer...
Last Man Standing was very funny and I am looking forward to the new season however, supposedly they changed some cast members which could hurt the show.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Not really a prediction, but I've viewed at least one episode of just about everything new that I'm going to try on broadcast and here is my rough ranking
1. Elementary - liked the acting and writing of the first episode; if the show can develop over the season and improve it will be an excellent series.
2. 666 Park Avenue - at least partially for the production design, there are some gorgeous sets. Glad to see Terry O'Quinn given a darker role.
3. Vegas - a little too stereotyped but I'm fond of most period pieces and the cast is solid.
4. Revolution - like the genre, the execution a little bit less, and I hope the lead actress becomes less annoying as the series develops.
5. Last Resort - my most anticipated show based on the trailers, but not really working for me so far.
6. Partners - if Michael Urie tones down his character a bit, I might like this one.
7. The Neighbors - Did not work for me at all.
I'm done with The Neighbors and will give Last Resort and Partners a few more episodes.
Okay now for the predictions. Elementary will be one of the bigger shows to catch on this year. Mob Doctor and The Neighbors will be two of the first cancellations.
- Walter.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I've been reading these, and surprised that Guys With Kids hasn't been mentioned. I see this as the first cancellation. Followed by The Neighbors. And then either The New Normal or Partners.
Of course, we are all basing our guesses on our perceived quality of the first few episodes. I don't know anything about ratings, or how well liked the shows are by the suits in charge.
I didn't watch Mob Doctor. Nor did I watch Made In Jersey (but I gather not many others did either), so that may be the first to go.
I think last year the first to drop happened after the third episode (Playboy Club??).
David

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
The only reason I didn't pick Guys with Kids as my choice for first cancellation is that it's on NBC which has been struggling in recent years to introduce anything with a good rating and with so many weak spots in their schedule, I assumed they'd give the weak Wednesday comedies a longer run just for lack of anything better to put in their places. But it did terribly last week in its premiere and does appear in trouble.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
The only reason I didn't pick Guys with Kids as my choice for first cancellation is that it's on NBC which has been struggling in recent years to introduce anything with a good rating and with so many weak spots in their schedule, I assumed they'd give the weak Wednesday comedies a longer run just for lack of anything better to put in their places.
I would agree with Matt. My impression is that NBC is slower to pull the plug on their shows vs. CBS, ABC, and Fox. The same applies to the CW.
- Walter.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I believe EW was speculating yesterday that The Mob Doctor will be the first to go. It's had dismal results in the Adults 18-49 rating. They think Fox will air one more episode next week, then it'll be pre-empted by baseball for a couple weeks, and likely will not return after that.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Malcolm R said:
I believe EW was speculating yesterday that The Mob Doctor will be the first to go. It's had dismal results in the Adults 18-49 rating. They think Fox will air one more episode next week, then it'll be pre-empted by baseball for a couple weeks, and likely will not return after that.
Read something similar on another ratings site, they actually thought it would be pulled before this week's episode. But looks like it's fading fast, ratings this week were down 23% from the last episode.

easterling

Grip
Real Name
Robert
I watched this week's Ben and Kate... and it had it's funny moments, but I think it is going to down hill real soon...

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Not an official cancellatiion, but "The Mob Doctor" apparently is going on the back burner for a while. As Malcolm said, baseball takes over for the next few weeks, then who knows what happens. Not a good sign.
Start a new series, then pull it from the schedule for a month or so after 3-4 episodes, the few fans it had will probably move onto something else.

Steve Armbrust

Second Unit
My favorites are usually the ones cancelled first, and the ones I hate seem to last. That being said, the ones I've already stopped recording are:
Vegas
Elementary
I'm on the fence yet about Mob Doctor.
So they'll probably all be big hits. I still vote Vegas as most likely to be cancelled first.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks