What's new

Predator Special Edition Cover Art (1 Viewer)

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Looks like it's some kinda lenticular cover. Hafta see it in person before I judge it. :D

Patrick Mirza

Supporting Actor
I've got details (they mirror the Region 2 release):

Due: 7/20/04
Retail: $26.98
Scecs: 1.85 anamorphic, DD 5.1, DTS Surround
Extras:

Audio Commentary with director John McTiernan; Subtitled Trivia Track; "If It Bleeds, We Can Kill It" Documentary; "Inside The Predator" Seven-Part Featurette (Classified Action, The Unseen Arnold, Old Painless, The Life Inside: A Tribute To Kevin Peter Hall, Camouflage, Welcome To The Jungle, Character Design); Deleted Scene (Dutch Fleeing Predator); 3 Outtakes; 3 Predator "Red Suit" Special Effects; 2 Predator Camouflage Tests; Still Gallery; Predator Profile; Easter Eggs (Jesse's Ultimate Dream,Stan Winston Practical Joker, Don't Drink The Water); Theatrical Trailer; Alien Vs. Predator Trailer; Alien Vs. Predator and I Robot Sneak Peeks

Patrick Mirza

Supporting Actor
Except for the AvP and I, Robot sneak peeks (and maybe the easter eggs), yes these are the same extras as the R2 set.

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
Its about time this set came out. I was about ready to go find the people responsible for the delay. Bleed them slow. Real quiet like. Leave them here.

Greg S

Supporting Actor
Nice plain and simple, I like it (therefore I know it will be changed).

Definitely a favorite and a must buy.

Thanks for the info.

Greg

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
So, can I assume this is not a new transfer? (Especially since Region 2 didn't get a new transfer.)

Jeannette Walsh

Stunt Coordinator
The only thing I'm really interested in re this new SE is whether it will be new and improved video. I've already bought the two previous incarnations and both were very substandard in the video dept and that R2 SE isn't much better from what I've read. So unless they've done a restoration job on it I'll pass. I can do a $2 rental to watch the special features.

Ed St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
I liked the disc art & insert (remember those???) of the original release.
The anamorphic (slightly better) transfer of the second release.
However, and you can call me crazy, I preferred the open more three dimensional (especially, the highs) sound of the first releases Dobly Pro Logic mix.
DUCK!
Will they get my money a third time?
Of coarse, for the HD-DVD!!!!

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy
My favs:

If it bleeds, we can kill it.

This stuff'll make you g-- d--- sexual tyranasaurus. Just like me.

This movie is VERY high on list. I will happily purchase it... for the 3rd time.

Kenny Goldin

Second Unit
wait...the R2 is "uncut?" Is the R1 as well? Anyone have an idea as to what footage has been restored? I have never seen any deleted scenes for this film...

Jean-Michel

Supporting Actor

Most previous UK video releases of the film (including the first UK DVD release) used the same master as the German version, which was heavily edited (see Melon Farmers for more info); hence Fox decided to promote the UK SE as "uncut" to distiguish it from these previous edited releases. All U.S. home video versions have been unedited so there's no need for a special "uncut" edition.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks