What's new

preamp ac cable (1 Viewer)

denis d

Auditioning
hi to everybody ! I have a old Denon preamp and I would like to know if it's ok to change my ac 2 prong wire for a 3 prong grounded wire please.Thank you!

Selden Ball

Second Unit
Real Name
Selden
Exactly what model of preamp do you have? I'd like to look at a picture of its back panel to see what kind of power receptacle it has.

If its power receptacle is the standard IEC shape, it'll accept a standard 3wire power cord with no problems. If it's like the Marantz equipment that I have, the socket in the preamp has only two prongs (power and return) and does not have the ground pin. As a result, it'll get its power over the correct wires of a standard 3-wire power cord and the power cord's ground wire won't connect to anything -- which is fine.

p.s. I'm carefully not recommending that you connect the power cord's ground wire to anything at all. Two-wire consumer electronics equipment is designed not to be grounded.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks