What's new

Pre/pro or flagship receiver? (1 Viewer)

Mark All

Second Unit
Congratulations on your purchase Leo. My comment about the remote was really directed at the post by ScottMP who expressed an interest in the Denon 5803 in part because of its remote, which is a touchscreen design. My point is that if one really wants a touchscreen remote and the Anthem, a solution is to get a Philips product to add to the Anthem. People seem to either love them or hate them, with no middle ground. I wouldn't recommend them for every system, and especially not for those who prefer hard button remotes. I think Aragon includes the Pronto Neo with their pre/pro, or did the last time I checked. They are frustrating to set up and you have to use a computer with software that's quirky, but once the learning curve is over the ability to customize the Philips remotes makes them a valuable addition in some systems. It's simply not possible to customize controls in the same way with a hard button remote. For the record, I still use the hard button remote from my receiver, which I've had for more than a month, because there are so many buttons I need to program into the Pronto. I use the Pronto Neo for everything else. One remote to rule them all and in the darkness bind them (it is brightly backlit when the lights are off). :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks