What's new

powermid and extender (1 Viewer)

dan scorpio

Stunt Coordinator
i have a projector and a pull down screen,when the screen is pulled down it blocks all my components,so i cannot use my remote..i say the power mid (st539,549)with the extender cable(rx569)now all my components are in a a/v tower,if i use the extender cable and place it in the middle of my cabinet will it control all my components? if no i seen a nother extender from another company that has dual emitters and they stick write the the components (receiver,dvd player) will this also work with the x10 powermids

Dean_S

Second Unit
I think any emitters will work with the powermid but I've never been impressed with the performance and longevity of the powermids I've owned. I have since switched to Xantech for IR repeaters. I just purchased a second Xantech kit (this comes with a IR recv, dist block, power supply and 4 single IR emmitters for another room to replace a dead powermid. You can buy Xantech ala carte or in kit form, it's cheaper to get the kit if the provided IR recvr is a style that works for you. My father has a Xantech repeater system that is 20 years old and still getting used daily...I've never had an powermid last more then a couple of years.

Dean_S

Second Unit
I've heard of them but for some reason (probably age) I can't remember it. Do you have a link for it to refresh my memory???

Dean_S

Second Unit
The hot link is similar to the Xantech kit. The differences I can see are the hot link comes with more emitters but looks like it's just cheap plastic and the cables don't look like they can be unplugged from the "black box" (which might make running the wires more difficult). The Xantech is less expensive, looks far more expensive and has flexibility to be expanded (and cables can be disconnected).

The Xantech Kit I mentioned is less expensive and more flexible. Here's a link to where I purchased mine: http://www.asihome.com/ASIshop/produ...roducts_id=669

It appears that ASIhome does ship to Canada.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks