power pass ??

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by familyguy, Feb 7, 2007.

1. familyguy

familyguy Stunt Coordinator

hey guys,

i was about to buy a catv splitter for some tvs and was wondering. the one i was looking at says that one of its outputs power pass. whats does this exactly mean and is this what i need?

thanks

2. JohnRice

JohnRice Lead Actor

John
    I believe the power pass is mainly for using a bullet amp, which is a two part amp with a power supply in the house or attic and the amp upline near the antenna. It may also be used for other dish purposes. It doesn't sound
    like you need it now, but if you do later and hook up to the right output, you have it, so it should be a potential plus

3. Robert_J

Robert_J Lead Actor

Robert
    Like John said, it's used with antenna amps. It's also used in small dish installs where you run a pair of multi-switches in parallel to get additional outputs.

-Robert

4. familyguy

well i plan on using a cable Amplifier to boost my signal since i have many splitters. the Amplifier needs a dc power source. so does that mean when i connect the Amplifier's output to the splitters input than the Amplifier's dc power can travel through the power pass and give a boost to spliters later on in the lines ? thats what i think it might be
    is this right?

5. familyguy

thanks