What's new

power pass ?? (1 Viewer)

familyguy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jup
hey guys,

i was about to buy a catv splitter for some tvs and was wondering. the one i was looking at says that one of its outputs power pass. whats does this exactly mean and is this what i need?

thanks

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I believe the power pass is mainly for using a bullet amp, which is a two part amp with a power supply in the house or attic and the amp upline near the antenna. It may also be used for other dish purposes. It doesn't sound
like you need it now, but if you do later and hook up to the right output, you have it, so it should be a potential plus

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Like John said, it's used with antenna amps. It's also used in small dish installs where you run a pair of multi-switches in parallel to get additional outputs.

-Robert

familyguy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jup
well i plan on using a cable Amplifier to boost my signal since i have many splitters. the Amplifier needs a dc power source. so does that mean when i connect the Amplifier's output to the splitters input than the Amplifier's dc power can travel through the power pass and give a boost to spliters later on in the lines ? thats what i think it might be
is this right?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks