What's new

Power cord and surge protector advice? (1 Viewer)

Alex D.

Auditioning
I also have the Monster surge protector that Manny_S mentioned. I got it for 49.99 which is the same as 50 :)

JJR512

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Justin J. Rebbert
I won't spend as much as $700 on this, maybe $200 or a little more if need be, but less is always better. I guess what I wanted was mainly a line conditioner to deliver good clean power.

Bill Kane

Screenwriter
Not knowing your system, the quality of electricity delivery at yr house blah blah, I'd say the Panamax Max4300 is a real nice all-around surge protector/line conditioner HERE
bill

JJR512

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Justin J. Rebbert
I don't even know those details yet! :)
The components for the system are still being gathered, and I have yet to move into the apartment where it will all be setup. (I'm in-between apartments at the moment and am temporarily bunking at my parents' house.) However, perhaps the fact that it will be an apartment might tell you something.
As far as the system itself, the only parts I actually already have are a Sony SLV-N88 VCR, Pioneer CLD-79 Elite laserdisc player, and Sony SDP-EP9ES digital processor (mainly being used as an AC-3 RF demod). I plan on getting the Sony STR-DA4ES receiver and probably the DVP-NS715 DVD player and a yet-to-be-determined 27"-32" flat-tube TV.

Bill Kane

Screenwriter
Justin, there's nothing wrong with an under-$100 surge protector as you're setting up. I'd stay clear of any surge/power conditioner off ebay or other used sources since you wont know how many hidden power hits it might have taken!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks