What's new

POTTER MAR-ed in R4. How does this bode for R1? (1 Viewer)

Angsty

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Angela
Hmm...
Well, I'll be getting my version of Harry Potter from R2, even though it will probably end up costing me twice as much as the local MAR-ed version :frowning:
Then again, I might just baulk at the final price and just avoid it all together considering the negative feelings that Warner has raised with this title.
You'd think this was a no-brainer for them, considering, as some else pointed out - that there is already a PAL widescreen master out there for R2 - how difficult is it to use that version for R4??
Oh well, off to get involved with letters and petitions...:frowning:
Angela

Malcolm Cleugh

Second Unit
A warning to those of you looking at the R2 UK version of Robin Hood Prince of Thieves. This is heavily cut to get its PG rating. Mainly at the start when they are in the prison (prisoner getting hand cut off). Swearing is also removed (dubbed over). This caused the original UK release to be quickly withdrawn as the swearing had been left in by WB. However it is dual layer so not a flipper.

TheoGB

Screenwriter
Sorry, I thought people realised this. That was my thinking behind the release of the US version in R4 land.
Of course, the French R2 is uncut but there may be a downside to that one.
Either way I have waited a LOOOOOONNNGGG time to get a nice uncut version of this movie. Bugger. :angry:

ChrisKe

Stunt Coordinator
Of course, the French R2 is uncut but there may be a downside to that one.
The other version to consider is the German version. It has an English track, is RSDL and is uncut. I picked this up in Germany last year.

The only downside is that it has German text on the case..

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks