What's new

Potential Moulin Rouge DTS Problem (1 Viewer)

David Susilo

Screenwriter
Who cares about DTS anyways!

just kidding guys! As you know from my previous post (on page 1, I think, I have the same problem too.

So much for giving the choice between DD and DTS.

Brendon

Second Unit
Guys,

I'm sure Fox/Mr. Staddon will reply when there is something to reply with. I'd far rather have a considered, well thought out response to the problem and what (if anything) that can be done about it, than a "knee jerk" reaction that ends up causing more problems & frustration.

Patience, so I'm told, is a virtue...

Cheers,

Bren

Steven K

Supporting Actor
On my JVC XVM-555BK, there are tons of audio dropouts both in DTS and DD. But that's not the worst part, its the lock right after the layer change. The whole thing locks up, even if I jump to a point after the layer change from the menu.

Jeff D.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeff
Just wanting to bump this to the top. This is still and issue and it would be nice to see some sort of response from Fox.
/Jeff

KeithAP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Keith
I have the problem with my Tosh 5109. It is most obvious when Satine is lowered from the ceiling in the Diamonds number and she is talking the first lyrics just before the music starts. DD looks fine.

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
Want to bump this to the top.

Just watched this movie again. The Dolby is great but the DTS was richer and fuller...unfortunatly I can only stand the lipsync issue for about ten seconds.

When will there be a response on a fix for this. I WANT MY DTS ON THIS!

Kenny Goldin

Second Unit
So, any new news?
Has anyone had problems on a Denon DVM-3700? Sometimes it feels like I am the only one here with this player. :frowning:
Amazon.com has MR at 37% off. I was going to purchase it when I remembered this thread. I guess I could pick it up and watch the DD...

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Too bad Fox doesn't seem to be interested in correcting the Lip-Synch problem on the DTS track.

What could have been the best DVD release of the year for 2001 just dropped a few places on my favorite list.

It's been months since all of us here were last given an update - and nobody (including myself) are getting any replies regarding this issue from Fox via email.

The Lip-synch issue has been reported from a vast array of different DVD players and models.

Obviously there is a "quality" problem w/ the DTS track.

It seems like to me that Fox doesn't care - or - at the very least - they are avoiding this issue by quietly trying to figure out what to do.

Mike

Doug_B

Screenwriter
Since I read about the DTS problem in this thread right after purchasing the DVD, I decided not to open it and thus return it (even though I didn't test it, although my player was listed as being a problem). The best means IMO to get Fox to do something about it is to not purchase it. I also emailed Fox to tell them what I did and my intentions not to purchase until it is fixed. I also mentioned that I recommend the same to others on-line.

Doug

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
I purchased it and watched it on my Toshiba 2150 DVD player with no problems what so ever.

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
Should keep this on top. Problem is probably close to a problem (we can hope).

Sebastian_A

Stunt Coordinator
Alright, I have a question:
I got the Moulin Rouge set, and I am of course thrilled about this terrific DTS track.
Now, there are people here that say they don't have a lip-synch problem - is that at all possible? Could it NOT be that those that claim they don't have one just don't really look as closely as others?
I mean, it's not like putting a DTS track on a disc is a big deal for a company, so if it does go wrong, why not with every player out there? This is not Fox's first DTS track ever, so they should know what to do - how come some say there is no problem?
I personally see that lips are OFF about one 5th of a second - is that more like "no problem" or is that what all you guys are experiencing? My player is a JVC XV-65.
Thank you all,
Sebastian. :)
PS: Also, it's a musical, right, so the actors had to dub themselves with their music - now was that completely accurate at the movies? Anyone? Bueller?

RogerB

Second Unit
Who knows? Maybe FOX but they're not talking.

There was some earlier discussions about different UPC numbers. Also, some thought that the difference could be the French vs. Spanish R1 discs.

The lip-synch problem I see is greater than one 5th of a second. It's very noticable and annoying.

I have a JVC 723.

Kelly W

Second Unit
Okay, I'm going to come clean here...
Earlier in the thread, I mentioned that I couldn't see any lip synch problems with my Pioneer DV-414, and I was part of the UPC discussion.
As it turns out, I have subsequently watched more of the film (at the time of my original post, I only looked at the scenes that were mentioned as being problematic), and I, too, see the lip-synch problems. However, the scene where it became bad enough for me to switch to DD was when (POSSIBLE spoiler, but I doubt anyone reading this far into this thread has not seen the movie.) the Duke was negotiating for the deed to the Moulin Rouge.
I don't believe that was mentioned before (I don't feel like going back to check right now. My apologies if it was. :))
Either way, my wife seems to be more sensitive to this than I am and noticed a few lines here and there that were off.
So at any rate, I had to get this off my chest: I do see the lip-synch problems after all. :frowning:
-Kelly

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
I watched the movie on my television with the Dolby Track selected (although, I have no surround sound system but I do have a built-in Dolby Decoder). The sound appeared to be in-sync for me but I suppose this is primarily a DTS problem, huH?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks