What's new

Potential Moulin Rouge DTS Problem (1 Viewer)

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
This is an old thread but I figured this was the one to post remarks though. Sorry in advance if this thread resurfacing opens up wounds.
This is the first time I've popped in MR since I got my LCD projector last summer.
1st: The image looks fabulous. Detailed, crisp, and a just an overall knockout.
I just copied a quote I found on page 1 of this thread and this is what I found as well.
I'm using a Panasonic XP-30 fed to my Panasonic LCD. Audio is the Pioneer THX-Ultra VSX-26tx receiver.
At first, the lip-synching issue was a bother, then it does get better and then I simply forgot about it.
This is one of those rare dvds though where the dts is CLEARLY superior. I can live with some minor lip synch probs on this dvd since the dts is sooo good. We shouldn't have to live with this....but after a little over 2 years since it's release we're not going to get a fix.
Sorry for rambling. :)

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Recently got a new DTS receiver. Sync issue here too. But I'm gonna try my mom's single disc since I read that someone btried 4 copies and one was fine.

d

Jeff Bamberger

Second Unit
Just revisiting the ol' thread to see if anyone has any new info.......no biggie. Still like my DTS version, even if there is minor synch issues......

Steve Kuester

Second Unit
I could be wrong, but I doubt we'll see any new info.

I believe that any synch issue with this disc is player specific. I had an old Tosh 2109 that played the DTS track perfectly, no synch issues. My Denon 1600, however, does not.

Jeff Bamberger

Second Unit
Resurrecting the ol' beast......

On my ist gen Panasonic A120 on my old TV (27" analog Sony), I don't remember seeing too much sync issue. With that setup, I was using a composite connection.

So I pulled MR for the first time in....years...and the first time since I have my new Vizio 37" LCD (now using a Component connection). I do notice the sync issues, and I think a little more than before.

Has there been any info since way back when?

David_B_K

Advanced Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I never had any issues with that disc when the DTS problem was first reported. However, when I got an HDTV and began to use HDMI as a connection, I found that some DTS movies (The Patriot Superbit, The Mask of Zorro Superbit and Lawrence of Arabia Superbit) no longer synched properly.

Some DTS titles play fine. I think it is a specific title/player/TV issue.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I always saw the sync problems with Moulin Rouge in DTS,

which is a shame, as that was the better soundtrack.

I'm just patiently waiting for a BD release, though it's not expected

to happen anytime soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks