Posts dropping off here quite a bit?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Larry Talbot, Jul 6, 2003.

1. Larry Talbot

Larry Talbot Second Unit

I know my post isn't really going to add anything here, but does anyone else think posts in Video Game Software are becoming much less frequent? Whenever I check now, I see less and less little red envelopes indicating new posts. Are you all playing less games? Too busy playing games? Is there a release slump? Why is this section slowing down?

2. Camp

Camp Cinematographer

There's a new kid in town.

3. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

A really great game hasn't come out in awhile, no big news since E3, and it's a holiday week

All serve to drive it down

4. Rob Lutter

Rob Lutter Producer

5. Joel Hurley

Joel Hurley Stunt Coordinator

My guess is Summer! The dog days are here and I think that people are just busy doing things like vacationing, home mantainence, BB-Qing and such things. Add to that the other things mentioned, holidays and lull in game releases and I think you've got the reason for the slow down. I am in my 1st HTF year, but I willing to bet that the Vets would agree that is always slows in mid-summer and picks up again as the fall kicks in.??

6. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

yes and no, since most people post at work [​IMG]

7. Camp

Camp Cinematographer

8. Keith Frederick

Keith Frederick Stunt Coordinator

I have noticed a drop since about 8 months ago, both here and on HTS. I think it might have something to do with the lack of passion that was present when Gamecube/XBOX were being released (and shortly after). At that time, people couldn't shutup. Maybe now people are just playing the games more and talking about them less. Systems Wars threads seem to be going away simply because everyone on these forums owns between 2-3 next gen systems now, whereas two years ago people owned just one. But that doesn't mean the PS2 s#cks any less. Just that people are tired of talking about it [​IMG]

9. Dave F

Dave F Cinematographer

Actually, less. [​IMG] After seeing Primal, I'm convinced that there is a helluva lot of untapped power in the PS2.

But yeah, a lot less posts.

-Dave

10. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

I've been playing more games because I now have a job to fund my habit(s).

Also, the many threads we get are usually about news (of which there has been little, since E3 is like a giant news black hole that sucks all relevant information into a 3 day period) or about new games (once again, very few have come out).

11. RayKk

RayKk Stunt Coordinator

whos the new kid in town???????

12. Romier S

Romier S Producer

13. Larry Talbot

Larry Talbot Second Unit

I'm still waiting for you to post your full review of Pirates, Romier. Share your wealth of knowlege with your fellow gamers.

14. Camp

Camp Cinematographer

15. Joel Hurley

Joel Hurley Stunt Coordinator

-Jeff Kleist, sorry I could have been more specific,... I was implying that those other leisure activities were leading to less gaming in the summer months, thus equating to fewer posts. But I agree, I feel most of us post from work. As I am now, [​IMG]

16. Calvin Watts III

Calvin Watts III Supporting Actor

There are many reasons - dog days of summer - Live play - new kids in town - & rumblings...

17. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Cinematographer

Personally, I've mostly been concentrating on finishing older games that I've had, or the few new games I've gotten have been older and cheaper (or newer and cheaper, like Evil Dead) so there's not much left to discuss about them. That said, I'm going to get KOTOR as soon as it's available [​IMG]

18. Chris Bardon

Chris Bardon Cinematographer

I'd chalk it up to pretty much nothing interesting coming out in the last little while. Everyone forgot that the thing that drives a console is software, and there's nothing good coming out anymore. Anything I'm looking forward to now is down to a fall release, with the possible exception of KOTOR (which I'll proabably wait and get on PC anyhow).

19. Larry Talbot

Larry Talbot Second Unit

"Everyone forgot that the thing that drives a console is software, and there's nothing good coming out anymore."

Anymore? As in never? Oh man, I better start brushing up my social skills (and my teeth) if I'm going to have to interact with something other than my Xbox. Are you sure there's nothing good coming out anymore? Maybe we're just going through a dry spell.

20. Kelley_B

Kelley_B Cinematographer

greener pasture