Poster Frames for Cheap?

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Geoff S, Apr 14, 2003.

1. Geoff S

Geoff S Stunt Coordinator

I'm looking for some 27x40 poster frames for some DTS and Dolby posters I bought. I'm not looking for anything fancy, only thin unnoticeable frames to hold the posters on the wall, cause I'm definatly not going to tack them for obvious reasons.

I'm not looking to spend much, $30 per frame max. So far my only real option is to buy the parts and build the frames myself, but that'll be more than may maximum amount.

Just wondering if there are any websites that sell frames for movie posters for cheap.

Thanks.

2. JoeWilly

JoeWilly Agent

Hi,
    Try IKEA if there is one in your area. They have several types between $20 and $30. Very decorative and sturdy also!

Good Luck!

3. MikeWh

MikeWh Second Unit

Geoff,

Most large crafts stores have them for about $25-30. They are the "economy frame" style-- cardboard backing, plexiglass, and four plastic edges. Michaels and A.C. Moore in my area carry them.

Here's a link to someone on the web:
    http://www.affordableframes.com/posterframes.htm

They have foamcore and hardboard backing as well (and in the same price range).

A google search on "poster frames" will turn up hundreds of possible places.

4. Pam W

Pam W Stunt Coordinator

Suncoast movies and music also carry them - around $20 I believe. They also used to have the Oscar type statues and other movie stuff.

Pam

5. Timon Russo

Timon Russo Stunt Coordinator

6. GabrielleG

GabrielleG Stunt Coordinator

I second Pam's recomendation of Suncoast. I got a bunch from there and they are actualy a few bucks cheaper then Micheals. Caution though, make sure you lay the poster on the ground before you buy it. A few of mine don't lay flat on the wall. Still, a really good look for 20 bucks and the cost of gass to the mall.

Gabrielle

7. Tony-B

Tony-B Producer

Michael's is where I got my poster frames.