What's new

Post when you bought your XBox360 and if it is has broken down or not (1 Viewer)

Nickrh

Grip
Real Name
Nick H
Bought a premium 360 the first of this month and it worked fine till i tryed saints row on it, It first froze during the game so i rebooted it and got the red lights, Unpluged and pluged back in after a few minutes and it worked fine till i played that game again. I exchanged the game at the video store thinking it was a defective disc but it just kept freezing and then my screen started to go black after doing just simple things. There are quite a few people that have only had problems with saints row and my theory is that the games imviroment is so huge that it hits the xbox 360's hardware hard therefor showing up on systems with some sort of defective hardware. I exchanged the system and now i have no problems when playing that game and have not had one freeze.

Phil Florian

Screenwriter
I read a little side-bar in a recent Electronic Gaming World magazine that said MS would repair/replace any 360's in need of repair if they were manufatured prior to Jan. 06. They also noted that they will reimburse anyone who had theirs repaired already. Said to call the main Xbox number (800) 4MY-XBOX...I think.

For the record, I got mine in April/May but I never checked the time it was built. It has not had any problems, though it does lock up in the same place in Red Dead Revolver but since that is a backwards compatible game and I think others had the same problem. All else, with moderate use, is going fine.

Leo

Second Unit
Purchased launch day, no problems aside from rare lockup during a game or two.

Jerry Gracia

Supporting Actor
Purchased: May 2006
Manufactured: ? (will find out)
Seems to freeze and lock up on "Saints Row" alot.

It seems to work okay most of the time. But there are some occasions when it locks up and freezes during gameplay, even with other titles.

I am not the user. I am reporting what my son has been telling me over the past few weeks...he's the one who uses it (360). He's mature, but I doubt he gives the thing a reasonable rest between usages...

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
Purchased: right after the Spring 360 update. (June I think?).

No issues yet.

Mark Schmitt

Stunt Coordinator
Got mine in March, manufactured 1/22/06.

In late September (after I got Saints Row, hmmmm...) it started freezing up. Soon it would freeze when just playing music using the dashboard. It went down for good (red lights of death) September 30th and I called MS that day.

I got the coffin in the mail and got the unit back 18 days after the initial call into MS. I had to pay because my 360 was manufactured after 1/1/06. 140 clams. They repaired my original unit and sent it back. They never told me what the problem was. No problems so far with it now, although sometimes the disc drive sounds like it's grinding and it never did that before.

Interesting about Saints Row. I was thinking that it might have had to do with my ripping so many of my CDs to use as a soundtrack in anticipation of that game. But maybe it was the game.

Only thing I can say is GET THE WARRANTY!!!! I learned my lesson!

Scott_lb

Supporting Actor
Got mine in late December 2005 (manufactured in early December 2005). Only problem I've had is a game freezing up once in a very great while (twice overall, I think). I love my 360!

I had a perfectly working launch system until Dead Rising came out. 2 mins later it wouldn't even boot to the dashboard.

My replacement unit has been perfect, but I learned my lesson and added the 1 year warranty through Microsoft. (still waiting for my refund though)

BradleyS.

Stunt Coordinator
I bought mine on launch and it finally gave me the red rings of death last night. It was manufactured 10/13/05. I was about 5 minutes into Gears of war. Perfect timing. MS is sending me a box to ship it back for repair. Hopefully it wont take too long. What little I got to play of GoW was great.

Funny thing is that the dashboard and arcade games still work perfectly, its just when i start playing the game that the screen freezes and de-interlaces or I get the lights.

Mike.B

Stunt Coordinator
I got mine launch week in November 2005 and it's still working great. I love it.

Bill Crosthwait

Second Unit
I have had 4 different Xbox 360s show the 3 rings of death. I am currently waiting on my "application status" to have a brand new 360 sent to me instead of a refurbished system. I have been waiting since 10/18/06!

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I bought a system a couple of days ago. The system works fine, but I did get a bad "Ghost Recon" disk in the box. Kept on coming up, "please put disc in an XBOX360". I got a replacement from the store where I purchased the system. It works fine now. All other discs are also working. I did purchase a two year extended warranty, since a friend of mine had his calf on him; however, his was one of the first run boxes. I bought the warranty mostly because I think that MS's 90 warranty is totally inadequate, considering the problems the XBOX 360 has been having.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks